ADVERTISEMENT

Another 2023 schedule post

Stevesgourmet

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2017
I’m sure everyone’s had a chance to peak at the 2023 schedule and it’s a joke. Considering we don’t play Tennessee until the end of the year, there is a chance we don’t play a single game against a ranked team or even have a W against a team that finishes ranked.

Sept. 2UT MARTIN
Sept. 9BALL STATE
Sept. 16SOUTH CAROLINA
Sept. 23UAB
Sept. 30at Auburn
Oct. 7KENTUCKY
Oct. 14at Vanderbilt
Oct. 21Open Date
Oct. 28vs. Florida (Jacksonville)
Nov. 4MISSOURI
Nov. 11OLE MISS
Nov. 18at Tennessee
Nov. 25at Georgia Tech

So who do we lose to? Last year a terrible 6-6 Missouri came out of nowhere and we got complacent. It was on the road and we all know that anytime a CFB team loses it’s typically on the road, but especially Georgia. We don’t lose often under Kirby in Sanford.

-We start the season 2-0 easy. Then we play USCjr. Rattler returns which is huge for them, but again there’s a massive talent discrepancy here. It’s the SEC opener so you know the team will be ready to assert themselves. Kirby’s never lost an SEC opener and it doesn’t start now.

-We’ll be 4-0 heading to Auburn. UAB is a free win. What will Auburn and Freeze’s offense look like? I have no idea who their QB is and they also lack talent. Anything can happen on the road though and nobody will give them a chance. Hard to imagine Freeze coming in year one and beating Kirby. Georgia should win, but I always keep my eye on rival road games.

-Now we’re 5-0 and play Kentucky at home and @Vandy. I’m sorry I just can’t predict either one as a loss. Streaks don’t last forever, but we are so far ahead of these programs and in a different galaxy. Need a USCjr 2019 to take place to lose. I don’t see James Coley walking around so I think we’re good.

-Going into the Florida game we should be 7-0 and still #1 in the country. It appears atm Mertz is going to be their QB1. An utter disaster is what this is. They’re already losing key pieces to a mediocre team that lost to Vandy, but the TP has also not been kind in general. SERIOUS talent issues once again. It’s a rivalry and their super bowl, but I think we overwhelm them as they’re literally below Kentucky as a program and starting to flirt with Vandy.

-Moving on to Missouri and Ole Miss at home at 8-0. After last year the team will be ready for Missouri. Don’t see us overlooking the same team twice. Easy fuel for Kirby to motivate. Ole Miss could be a challenge simply because Kiffin has the ability to cook offensively, but they’re outmanned too and it’s in Athens. Remember Ole Miss collapsed at the end of the season. They lost their last 5/6 games. Completely exposed as a fraud. The schedule for them next year isn’t as forgiving. They had a back loaded schedule last year and started 7-0. There’s a chance they’ve lost 4-5 games by the time they get to Athens. Expect this to also probably be the best environment in Athens all season because we never play them at home.

-Two games left to finish the season out and we’re 10-0. @Tennessee and @Tech. Every red flag pops up against Tennessee for an upset against Georgia. Experienced athletic QB who is in an offense that throws the ball downfield. The game is on the road so if we roll in at 10-0 or the East on the line their fans will be methed/moonshined out of their minds dreaming of ruining our season. The target on our back is going to be massive next year and although we should beat them they will die on that field to win. The crowd will be LOUD. Only game I’m truly concerned about tbh. The good news is we get them at the end of the year, so we’ll know if they’re actually a threat that’s built off last years momentum or a joke that we’ve grown accustomed to with that program the past 15 years. Tech is a free win.

This looks like another 12-0/11-1 season. Go undefeated and we’ve built the cred/rep to lose a close game in Atlanta and still likely get in. If we lose our schedule is so weak that it’s win in Atlanta or go home.

Nationally you’ve got to start by looking at Bama and Ohio St. Only two teams in America with comparable athletes. We have no idea who their QB1 will be. This is as wide open of a year to win it all that a team could ask for. I don’t see there being any dominant team unless one of these 3 find a superstar QB that comes out of nowhere like Burrow.

Although a 3 peat has never been done before if Georgia can find a good QB they’ll have as good of a chance as anyone.

Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News