ADVERTISEMENT

Answers to Questions from met with "Major Donor Rep" for McGill Society

PAPPA DOC

National Champion
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2002
West Point/Pine Mountain
The other day, I asked for questions that we have about the CCC and Bulldog Club.

I met with the McGill Society representative today and this is the jest of our conversation.

She thought (meaning the collective assumption) is that the collectives are a temporary vehicle and that eventually they will fold into the Bulldog Club (Athletic Department.) She suggested that they will combine our donation contributions.

Our CCC contributions are in the upper group. It is obvious to her as to us that today’s arrangement is too vague and unstructured to last more than 2 to3 years.

Coach Smart is very involved in the decision making. He has the final assessment. He believes that the athletes should be rewarded according to their value to the team.

Five-star football players’ package is six figures. Basketball players are up to 7 figures.

One of the athletes recently had a DUI. He will forfeit his NIL for 2 to 3 months as punishment. "We all must learn from our mistakes."

There is little that can be done about the SEC and National Championship game tickets. (She was saying higher powers are in control).

Future plans are to move the track field because it is too small to hold even a high school meet. (I remember when it was built 50 plus years ago, it did not meet size standards.)

The future of Stegman Coliseum has not been decided. The cost will be staggering.

Their definition of a “Major Donor” is someone who could make a $25,000 donation to join McGill Society over a 5-year period.

We were identified based on being original Sky Club ticket holders. Unfortunately, my wife and I are unable to match our neighbors, two miles north of us, whose total contribution is $6 million.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News