ADVERTISEMENT

At the Waffle House talking politics

PotimusWillie

B2B Caffeinated Nat’l Champion
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2009
A friend of mine, who lives in Newton County, has a Newton Drivers license, was denied the ability to vote because of a land ownership dispute and tax issue. He had a house in Dekalb, and still gets mail sent there.

He went to the precinct in Dekalb county, with mail he received in Dekalb at his old address (hasn’t lived in Dekalb county in twenty years and has been voting in Covington).

He showed them his Covington address on his drivers license, showed them mail from his Dekalb address and they allowed him to vote in Dekalb county.

How does that work? This was near the jail near Memorial Drive.

He also said the intimidation factor was incredible, with guys that looked like they were in a parade military group screaming at the lines about the brotherhood and who they should vote for.

He said people were coming up to the drop boxes and putting in multiple ballots at a time.

It’s a shame. He’s a big fella and said he feared for his life.

Two problems. He heard about the mail situation and he was allowed to vote in a county that didn’t match his license and hadn’t voted in in twenty years.

A friend of mine, who lives in Newton County, has a Newton Drivers license, was denied the ability to vote because of a land ownership dispute and tax issue. He had a house in Dekalb, and still gets mail sent there.

He went to the precinct in Dekalb county, with mail he received in Dekalb at his old address (hasn’t lived in Dekalb county in twenty years and has been voting in Covington).

He showed them his Covington address on his drivers license, showed them mail from his Dekalb address and they allowed him to vote in Dekalb county.

He also said the intimidation factor was incredible, with guys that looked like they were in a parade military group screaming at the lines about the brotherhood and who they should vote for.

He said people were coming up to the drop boxes and putting in multiple ballots at a time.

Two problems. He heard about the mail situation and he was allowed to vote in a county that didn’t match his license and hadn’t voted in in twenty years.
Are you saying he went to Newton first and was denied there so he went to Dekalb and was allowed?

Are you saying he went to Newton first and was denied there so he went to Dekalb and was allowed?
Yes. He had mail from Dekalb with a Newton County drivers license. They accepted Dekalb county mail as an ID qualifier.

And had not voted in Dekalb in 20 years.

Strange. Plus the part about the groups screaming them down.

I would not have done that, but he wanted to vote. Bad on all accounts, but it shows what some precincts are doing.

Yes. He had mail from Dekalb with a Newton County drivers license. They accepted Dekalb county mail as an ID qualifier.

I would not have done that, but he wanted to vote. Bad on all accounts, but it shows what some precincts are doing.
That's crazy!

Has he checked his registration status on https://mvp.sos.ga.gov/s/ ?

I'd be curious about his results for Newton and Dekalb. Does he have active registration for one, both, or neither?

Growing up around Memorial Dr. I can see the voter intimidation going on.
It needs to be recorded and sent to the view

Reactions: Georgia Jim
That's crazy!

Has he checked his registration status on https://mvp.sos.ga.gov/s/ ?

I'd be curious about his results for Newton and Dekalb. Does he have active registration for one, both, or neither?
He said that he was registered to vote in Newton and had been registered to vote in Newton for 20 years and voted in Newton the last 20 years.

Smart guy, sounds scary.

Reactions: Dawgfan1966
Surprised to hear about the groups screaming and such. Not supposed to campaign within so many feet of a polling location. I would consider screaming for a candidate or party to be some type of campaign activity.

He said that he was registered to vote in Newton and had been registered to vote in Newton for 20 years and voted in Newton the last 20 years.

Smart guy, sounds scary.
I'd be curious about how the law is applied for a land ownership dispute as it relates to voter registration, especially if he's been established there for 20 years.

I just walked in, got my license scanned, sim card loaded, then the poll worker actually looked at my picture (LOL).

At least the Black Panthers weren't there flaunting their Batons....

DeKalb Co. actually renamed Memorial Dr. after Cynthia Mckinney....what do you expect now years later....

Reactions: RedcoatOf94
This is why everyone should check their voting status and and voting location every year on the Secretary of State's website.
My daughter has worked outside the USA for the last 12 years. She hasn't voted since then. She is still registered to vote here.

Reactions: PotimusWillie
This is why everyone should check their voting status and and voting location every year on the Secretary of State's website.
My daughter has worked outside the USA for the last 12 years. She hasn't voted since then. She is still registered to vote here.
Yep

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT