ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg ATL Spring Break has apparently broken 30A’s patience!

Electric City Dawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2005
Anderson, SC
We are down in Rosemary for the week and the place is definitely packed. Videos from Seaside showed probably 1,000 kids in the street and shut down traffic on Monday. Rosemary shifted its Walton County Sheriffs Ops Center to Seaside to help out.

Rosemary has cops and security all over the place from 8pm until. Any group more than 5 gets broken up quickly.

Talking to security they are tired of the kids general disregard for the rules and the police. What was interesting is that it wasn’t the Highschool kids as much as it was the middle schoolers. 13 year olds have been the worst!

Every guy has a backpack. My kids have told me that is for alcohol and vapes. They just take people’s unoccupied seats on the beach and set up and get after it!

Seaside has now shut down at night. Even restaurants can’t serve to go food and any unaccompanied teen is confronted by police and must be with a parent. 8pm curfews down the strip.

Just strange of the month of spring breaks that take place down here, Atlanta is by far the most feared by property managers and law enforcement. Entitled kids with zero respect for authority. Families evicted nightly for breaking rules.

If you are booking next year, better have a PO Box with a different mailing address than Atlanta!

Wow.

On a different topic, but related, I see a lot of folks complaining about beach access at 30A. I saw a video or two of rental security running people off of the private beaches. Man, I'd have an issue with that.

I imagine it is compounded by loads of spring breakers.

We are down in Rosemary for the week and the place is definitely packed. Videos from Seaside showed probably 1,000 kids in the street and shut down traffic on Monday. Rosemary shifted its Walton County Sheriffs Ops Center to Seaside to help out.

Rosemary has cops and security all over the place from 8pm until. Any group more than 5 gets broken up quickly.

Talking to security they are tired of the kids general disregard for the rules and the police. What was interesting is that it wasn’t the Highschool kids as much as it was the middle schoolers. 13 year olds have been the worst!

Every guy has a backpack. My kids have told me that is for alcohol and vapes. They just take people’s unoccupied seats on the beach and set up and get after it!

Seaside has now shut down at night. Even restaurants can’t serve to go food and any unaccompanied teen is confronted by police and must be with a parent. 8pm curfews down the strip.

Just strange of the month of spring breaks that take place down here, Atlanta is by far the most feared by property managers and law enforcement. Entitled kids with zero respect for authority. Families evicted nightly for breaking rules.

If you are booking next year, better have a PO Box with a different mailing address than Atlanta!
We just got back and it was insane. The guy at the record store in seaside showed us some videos he recorded from their porch and it was pure chaos

I’ve been here since Wednesday. This is the most crowded I’ve even seen. We try to eat supper a little earlier to beat crowds. The public beach areas are super crowded and bikes are just laid in the streets & some get ran over. Inlet & Seagrove areas are ok right now though.

Cobb Co in the hizzy

• Haha
Reactions: DawgAXE
1abc2128-92d2-4934-8d5b-55ff5a72a72d_text.gif

I’ve been here since Wednesday. This is the most crowded I’ve even seen. We try to eat supper a little earlier to beat crowds. The public beach areas are super crowded and bikes are just laid in the streets & some get ran over. Inlet & Seagrove areas are ok right now though.
Seagrove is the best place to avoid all that shit.

Seaside sucks now. Rosemary will be next I fear.

We made the mistake of going there last year during spring break. My bike was stolen at seaside. Atlanta kids can be bad, but last year there were a ton of kids from Kentucky and they were horrible.

Sadly its what the world has come to - luckily I hate the beach (mainly because of cost and crowds) so its no skin off my back. Now if they start invading my trout streams ill have a problem with that.

Wow.

On a different topic, but related, I see a lot of folks complaining about beach access at 30A. I saw a video or two of rental security running people off of the private beaches. Man, I'd have an issue with that.

I imagine it is compounded by loads of spring breakers.
I don't think any of the beaches are private, but some of the access points are.

Reactions: MaitlandFloridaDawg

Sadly this is just a microcosm of society in general. Chaos and lawlessness reign supreme.

Was there two years ago and swore I’d never go back to 30A. Just spoiled brats everywhere.

Knocking over signs. Running in the street, cussing out adults.

Just acting like trash.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
To clarify some of this with more accurate info...

Seaside wasn't shut down at any time of night. Seaside instituted a curfew on the beach earlier this week whereby anyone under 21 was not allowed on the beach after 7pm unless accompanied by their parents/adult party.

I think this sort of backfired because it pushed many of these kids into Seaside itself. The main square turned into a complete zoo of pissant kids.

In response to that, Seaside and Walton County PD instituted a new plan on Weds night whereby minors were not even allowed in Seaside after 6:45pm without being accompanied by parents. It put an immediate halt to the chaos in Seaside

Atlanta gets undue blame for this week. Yes, it's when all the Atlanta folks visit for spring break, but it's also the most popular spring break for every school system in the region. One of the biggest issues in Seaside on Tuesday was a group of boys from Lexington Catholic HS in Kentucky - that group was beating people up randomly. Arrests were made.

Regarding private beaches, that's the new debate on 30A as many beachfront homeowners have begun policing their sand. These owners technically do own the sand to the high tide line. Only the "wet" sand is public beach in front of homes in Walton. (Bay County/PCB uses public money to renourish beaches so public beach is 30 feet beyond the high tide line - Walton doesn't renourish at all). This all started with Mike Huckabee in Blue Mountain Beach a few years ago. He was a major league asshole. Thankfully he's sold and no longer lives there. But it's becoming more prevalent among owners even though cops have publicly said they don't plan to enforce it, many have hired private security. You'll see signs and even ropes on sand now, too.

The biggest issue with 30A crowds of late is too much development has occurred. The huge increase in rental inventory has lowered the price point, which has brought in more visitors, but also lowered the demographic. There used to be limited inventory, and all fairly high-priced homes very close to the beach. Kept things quiet and a higher profile of guest.

Last edited:
This entire area dreads "Atlanta spring break" and have been discussing it for a few weeks prior. They say never any issues from Alabama, Texas or Louisiana but for some reason Atlanta is always 10x worse.
Well there’s just 25x more people from Atlanta. I can’t imagine too many folks are driving from TX to Seaside.

Reactions: Pollack47
You'd be surprised. Probably 60% of my renters come from outside the Southeast.
That’s fair. I don’t have any data. However, I see tons of Milton HS shirts, Alpharetta HS shirts, etc. when we were there.

We have been down here in Destin / Fort Walton all week and it is much more packed than usual. Not too much chaos though. Definetly some punks and entitled little pricks.

I’m so glad all that trash hasn’t made its way down to the treasure coast into Jupiter and Tequesta. Keep it in 30a and Miami

Reactions: TravelDawg04

Seaside wasn't shut down at any time of night. Seaside instituted a curfew on the beach earlier this week whereby anyone under 21 was not allowed on the beach after 7pm unless accompanied by their parents/adult party.

I think this sort of backfired because it pushed many of these kids into Seaside itself. The main square turned into a complete zoo of pissant kids.

In response to that, Seaside and Walton County PD instituted a new plan on Weds night whereby minors were not even allowed in Seaside after 6:45pm without being accompanied by parents. It put an immediate halt to the chaos in Seaside

Atlanta gets undue blame for this week. Yes, it's when all the Atlanta folks visit for spring break, but it's also the most popular spring break for every school system in the region. One of the biggest issues in Seaside on Tuesday was a group of boys from Lexington Catholic HS in Kentucky - that group was beating people up randomly. Arrests were made.

Regarding private beaches, that's the new debate on 30A as many beachfront homeowners have begun policing their sand. These owners technically do own the sand to the high tide line. Only the "wet" sand is public beach in front of homes in Walton. (Bay County/PCB uses public money to renourish beaches so public beach is 30 feet beyond the high tide line - Walton doesn't renourish at all). This all started with Mike Huckabee in Blue Mountain Beach a few years ago. He was a major league asshole. Thankfully he's sold and no longer lives there. But it's becoming more prevalent among owners even though cops have publicly said they don't plan to enforce it, many have hired private security. You'll see signs and even ropes on sand now, too.

The biggest issue with 30A crowds of late is too much development has occurred. The huge increase in rental inventory has lowered the price point, which has brought in more visitors, but also lowered the demographic. There used to be limited inventory, and all fairly high-priced homes very close to the beach. Kept things quiet and a higher profile of guest.
To me Fort Walton, Destin has been ruined since the first Condo was built. Hell I went down there regularly in the 70s. You could go to the beach and saw very few people there. I did not go for about 10 years and I went down there in the middle 80s and you couldn’t even see the beach from the highway. Luckily I had friends in Niceville and didn’t Evan go to the beach. Last time I have been down there.

To me Fort Walton, Destin has been ruined since the first Condo was built. Hell I went down there regularly in the 70s. You could go to the beach and saw very few people there. I did not go for about 10 years and I went down there in the middle 80s and you couldn’t even see the beach from the highway. Luckily I had friends in Niceville and didn’t Evan go to the beach. Last time I have been down there.

Rental property ruins.

It's still the most beautiful stretch of beach in Florida. 30A is really hard to beat in the off-season which is when I go. Peak summer is crowded everywhere.

My teen daughter is down there with friends and some moms chaperoning. She’s had a blast but I’ll be very interested to see if this jives with what she’s witnessed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT