ADVERTISEMENT

Bama, this is what its come to...

RazorRamon24

4 Time Intercontinental Champion
Gold Member
Nov 7, 2020
Post from the bama board. It's long.

In life I have often learned that what goes around comes around. Spring Football Portal opens on April 16th to April 30th. What we have learned.

1. The Penalty for improper contact of athletes in the Portal is $5,000, per FSU.

2. The Coaching staff will know by that time exactly what they need to know about the players still at Alabama.

3. There will be plenty of players at other schools ready to wear the Alabama Crimson, by that time.

4. There are plenty of starters in the MAC and SunBelt that can play in the SEC and we have two coaches on staff that know exactly who these players are.

5. Alabama will have to be aggressive in rebuilding the roster in the Spring Portal.

I would expect that the word is out that Alabama is in need of Offensive Linemen, Defensive Backs and Receivers and that there are plenty of potential for the taking, with a lot of starting positions up for grabs. There are some still out there that I would contact, like Jarad Small, Gerrean Hatchett, Germie Bernard, Parker Brailsford, Vincent Holmes, Sam Hill, Julius Buelow, Jayden Curry, Dyson McCutcheon, Tailique Williams, Cedarius Doss, Sam Hart, Zachary Franks, Austin Mack, and Nate Kalepo. There are others, but I think we could easily upgrade our offensive line before February 1, bring in a couple of quality receivers from the SunBelt, via the Poral or Spring Portal. Our Offensive line would be vastly improved, We would have an adequate secondary, while the incoming Freshmen mature, and maybe we could pick up a receiver or two when people realize that there will be no benchtime. One thing for sure is that the number of Juniors leaving for the NFL is going to decrease over the next two or three years.

I think that the entire Washington Offensive Line is in the Portal and I suspect that Michigan is going to have quite a few enter soon. I have a sneaking feeliing that Coach DeBoer knows what he needs. There are only two that have entered the Portal that it is going to be hard to replace for next year. I have no information, but I do expect that out of necessity Alabama will be very active in the Portal in the next few days and over the Spring. I look for a lot of announcements in the next few days. I cannot help it if present players do not see what is coming, but they are just making room for Washington Players to come in. I hate losing Proctor, Bonds, Downs, and Ferguson, but only Bonds and Downs will be hard to replace. Further, there are going to be some from Georgia and Texas that will jump out after Spring Practice. Like I say the Portal is a two way street. Anyone can coach five stars, but those that coach up three and four stars will win in the long run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News