ADVERTISEMENT

Bernie's Bones - UGA/Ball State

bernie426

National Champion
Sep 24, 2021

Last week left some of you unfulfilled because we didn't hang 50 on an FCS team. That's okay, it probably won't happen again if we start slow but Kirby all but admitted that these first 2 games are basically glorified practices to get reps, get backups experience and to get Beck's feet wet.​

Carson should have better timing and more key cogs to work with. I expect better accuracy from him but all in all he did what a QB should do. Make good decisions, don't turn it over and get the ball to your playmakers.​

I expect the OL to play better from the start. Will the Cardinals stack the box 8 deep like UTM? We shall see but it's still no excuse for the lack of push at times. Edwards, MRJS are back and expect to see a wrinkle or two like Dillon Bell in the backfield.​

Getting the running game going early and stretching the field with Arian Smith, Bell, Lovett and Rara will be key. Look for Bowers to get a few more touches and hopefully more from CJ Smith who was impressive last week.​

Defensive should look the same as last week. Nothing exotic or fancy. This defense is held in high regard and it's said by the experts that they can rival the 2021 unit. It's too early to tell but we know that the DL is key for this season. Establish the rush with your front 4 and let the LB's & DB's do the rest. The best offense last week by UTM was runs by the QB off broken plays. That tells you that the defense is covering well and a minimum of of busted plays or big runs being broken off.​

Defensive stars may play a bit longer but I don't think that the fighting David Lettermans will have enough points to fill a top 10 list.​

Dawgs 47-9​

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News