ADVERTISEMENT

Best offensive talent group and QB almost doesn't matter

MonolithicDawgX

Three-Peat Enthusiast
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
We've had some fantastic Offensive weapon groups in the past, but rarely were they as deep as we have right now. I will say, Milton getting injured scares me a bit b/c I doubt we get Paul back to what his potential showed until maybe late season, and is Robinson Bro #2 too big/stiff? But all go with they're all healthy...

and our WR room is now truly the deepest most experienced we may ever have started a season with...and that isn't an exaggeration, because the bar is low.

Do I need to even mention the TEs? I just did.

Then, this OL will challenge those vaunted Michigan OLs of the last two seasons (snark). I mean, we have talented RBs, and if our OL is as good as we expect, they will be good, regardless.

Brings me to my hot take... it almost doesn't matter who our qb is:

1. We need 62-64% pass completion with 4 explosive pass plays per game. More if our qb isn't getting explosive plays on his own with his legs, like Stet did.
2. We need to minimize turnovers. The last two years were fantastic. Just don't make it a big deal... a few tos will happen, but just keep them minimal.
3. Don't panic. How will he handle the inevitable Mizzou game like last year? The OSU game? Can we come back with steely determination, or wilt under pressure?

So, whichever of the 3 are named starter, it won't matter if 1-3 are above. How weird of a feeling is it that I jdgad who it is, I just need those 3 things out of any of them? And we get 10 games before maybe our only hyped opponent, so the qb1 can practice a lot? Name any other team in this position. I'll wait.

Reactions: RojaDawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News