ADVERTISEMENT

Best song of all time? Nm

Van Morrison's "Into the Mystic." Also has the best single line, "And I want to rock your gypsy soul, just like way back in the days of old."

Reactions: 1966septemberdawg
Bad Moon Rising. Made me want to crawl in a phone booth with a bobcat. CCR,Rolling Stones(Sticky Fingers-wonder what that was about)? Bob Seger and Eagles are the most talented group I have seen. The Irishman Van Morrison very underrated. Waylon when Ritche Albright was producing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boost Assendahm
Oh Holy Night
In My Life
One
Gimme Shelter
Summer Wind

seriously, I can't narrow it down to 5, let alone 1.
Too many great songs through the genres and ages.

Reactions: LumpLump and Dawg44
Best country song "He stopped loving her today". I'm a man and this one makes my eyes water.

Saw a countdown a couple years ago of the Top 100 country songs of all-time and He Stopped Loving Her Today was # 1.
They interviewed George Jones and he said when he was approached about doing the song, he said he would do it but it
wouldn't sell at all...It was too darn sad. It was sad but it sure did sell. It is my # 1 country song also.

Saw a countdown a couple years ago of the Top 100 country songs of all-time and He Stopped Loving Her Today was # 1.
They interviewed George Jones and he said when he was approached about doing the song, he said he would do it but it
wouldn't sell at all...It was too darn sad. It was sad but it sure did sell. It is my # 1 country song also.

Your Cheatin Heart is my #1 country song.

Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan "Girl From the North Country" ... cuz my wife's a Yankee.

or

Corrosion of Conformity "Albatross"

Wow! This den of iniquity actually does have an impressive range of musical tastes. You cats are the coolest.

A close second to that on my Van Morrison list is "Cleaning windows"

Cleaning Windows was actually his job at one time, and the studio track has a bit of a feel like early Little Feat.

Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan "Girl From the North Country" ... cuz my wife's a Yankee.

or

Corrosion of Conformity "Albatross"

Mine is too. Half Ukrainian, half German. Comes from warrior stock. Call her "Xena," my warrior princess.

Reactions: REMESSIS
Bad Moon Rising. Made me want to crawl in a phone booth with a bobcat. CCR,Rolling Stones(Sticky Fingers-wonder what that was about)? Bob Seger and Eagles are the most talented group I have seen. The Irishman Van Morrison very underrated. Waylon when Ritche Albright was producing.

Morrison is underrated by many, but not everybody.
The cat really is a genre unto himself. Nobody else has come close to developing Irish folk rock with superb blends of blues, jazz and a Tin Pan Alley writing sensibility the way he did.

Mine is too. Half Ukrainian, half German. Comes from warrior stock. Call her "Xena," my warrior princess.
Word. That's badass. The last time I was leaving the wife sent me a picture of a shield ... She wrote with it or on it. I as so proud.

Too many good songs to pick a "best" one. Just a couple I really enjoy are "Hotel California" by the Eagles and "Can't You See" by The Marshall Tucker Band". Saw McCartney from the front row play an acoustic version of "Yesterday". It was pretty special.

Unchained Melody is the best song in the history o
f the world. And it's not even close to the next best.

I don't know. My Girl sure gets people going on dance floor. It's spands all ages it seems too.

I don't know. My Girl sure gets people going on dance floor. It's spands all ages it seems too.

There are many MoTown tunes that rate high on my list.
The Supremes' Someday, We'll Be Together comes to mind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT