ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest Concern for this Season

nclawdawg

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2005
It is a measure of how far we have come as a program that I am concerned about this --- but here goes.

We've won the the last two National Championships. Both years we started the year with a tough opponent in the kick off game. Clemson in 2021. Oregon in 2022. The fact those games were on the early schedule brought an edge to fall camp and led to outstanding preparation efforts. This year we had Oklahoma on the early schedule, and through no fault of ours, the game was cancelled. Right now our early schedule is incredibly light on tough opponents. I am sure we will win those games, but will we develop the focus and edge that we need for a road game in Neyland in November? The answer will tell the tale of the season and with this schedule it will be a challenge for Kirby to have the team peaking at the right time.

Of course, we are breaking in a new QB and the favorable schedule sets up well for Carson to have some development time. That is definitely a positive. Perhaps that alone outweighs my concern. Just want to be ready to beat the Vols through the floor when we roll in Neyland. Let the Vols hang around with that crowd and it will become a tough one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News