ADVERTISEMENT

Bored by the portal. Anyone else?

zzz_dawg

National Champion
Apr 11, 2022
Just me, but getting pretty bored of the portal. Not going to pay much attention to it until we get reports that a guy's imminently announcing transfer to us or there's at least clear & strong interest from us, like with RaRa Thomas right now.

I've come to terms with being a fan of a top program means the yearly portal excitement won't apply to us much. Seems like vast majority of portal players fall into:
1. A small handful of legit natty-contending starters, who are leaving their teams for unique reasons, often following coaches or stuck in uncommon depth somewhere.
2. Good players from G5/FCS teams bumping up for a year or two at a P5 school, but usually to low- or mid-level P5 teams. Rarely, a P5 guy so good that he's upgrading to a power program.
3. Guys not playing enough or not panning out dropping a level(s).
4. Discipline/off-field issues.

99% of the time, only 3 applies to us, and that's guys going out not in. Portal is overall great for programs like UGA because we can cull players that don't pan out and now sign more to replace them, but overall just won't be very exciting unless somebody in that 1st category happens to apply to us, or the rare P5 upgrade guy from category 2, like RaRa Thomas appears to be.

Anybody else feel like this? Am I seeing this wrong?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News