ADVERTISEMENT

can Chris Stapleton save country music from that bullshit rockabilly it's become since late '80s?

I think it's too far gone..................folks like Blake Shelton, Leann Rimes, etc...........have sent it past point of no return.
There's always been rockabilly in country music. You might find the PBS special on Country Music very interesting. I did and I'm as rocker as one might get. New appreciation gained for the art form but since the beginning it's been ever evolving.

Ken Burns documentary is outstanding. I've been revisiting a lot of the old stuff since I saw it. Yes, the genre has always been evolving, but right now, it's pretty sad. Having said that, it's been bad at certain times in the past, too.

Like Wayx, I was thinking the other day that country music needs another Randy Travis or George Strait to pull them back a little toward to their roots.

Ken Burns documentary is outstanding. I've been revisiting a lot of the old stuff since I saw it. Yes, the genre has always been evolving, but right now, it's pretty sad. Having said that, it's been bad at certain times in the past, too.

Like Wayx, I was thinking the other day that country music needs another Randy Travis or George Strait to pull them back a little toward to their roots.
Somebody will emerge. They always have. Only a matter of time but, Good Lowered, the variety and influences within the genre is truly amazing when you closely look at it.

@RoyDawgMercer @BonJax agreed! The Burn's documentary is amazing. I didn't like country music growing up but now I appreciate just about all music. The documentary made me think about how much I missed out on for not being open minded about country music in the 70s, 80s, and 90s.
@wayxpython you want to blame someone, blame Chris Stapleton ;)

Or Mo Pitney and Teea Goans

Love Jamey Johnson. Most of the other names I don't know, but will defer to y'all.
As Roy says, "Somebody always does...".

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Stapleton and Johnson are great (Johnson's show at the Georgia Theater was amazing) but there are better artists out there....Cody Jinks and Tyler Childrers lead the pack with others in the mix.
I'm honored to be your first like out of +38k posts. :D

Reactions: deadduckdawg
There's always been rockabilly in country music. You might find the PBS special on Country Music very interesting. I did and I'm as rocker as one might get. New appreciation gained for the art form but since the beginning it's been ever evolving.
You're as "off your " rocker as one might get.

BTW, rockabilly at it relates to country music is not a bad word. Cash, Conway, Charlie Rich, Jerry Lee, and some others were all rockabilly at one time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT