ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Career change advice

Uchicagodawg

National Champion
Gold Member
Sep 30, 2021
Sort of a long story; any help is appreciated:

I graduated from the University of Chicago back in June, and I have been on a bit of a career journey since then. I majored in business economics, but my post-graduation experience has amounted to working as a baseball scout (trying a dream out), a great private equity internship, and starting an insurance sales role.

This final role is where I stand now. Though the people are nice, the earning potential leaves a lot to be desired. I also don’t feel all that much mental stimulation from the job. Admittedly, I was searching for a job and, out of my desire to get started in some actual direction, jumped into it a bit hastily.

I am worried about being labeled a “job jumper,” but I also don’t want to be stuck somewhere that doesn’t fit my skills and limits my growth potential. As I look to go back into the finance sphere and hopefully find a role with an actual decent salary, I’d appreciate any Vent advice. If anyone has connections that could help as well (advice or any roles in Atlanta/elsewhere in Georgia ideally), that would also be amazing.

Thanks so much for any help, and Go Dawgs!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News