ADVERTISEMENT

CFB is defined by turnover

MedicalDawg

Back to Back Vent Medical Consultant
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
Dallas, Texas
I've been reading the threads today, and a recurring point that I can't reconcile is that the player leaving has a greater impact than simply our prospects for next year. I understand being annoyed that our WR room is slightly less full than it was yesterday, but folks are claiming the sport is ruined and that the magically plays AD made for us are somehow cheapened or lessened by his transfer.

In the pros, I could understand this more; teams have these iconic players for many years, even if they are the small minority, Brady, Manning, Hine Ward, etc.

CFB is defined by turnover; kids come, they play, they leave. Some stick around for 50 years, like Julian Rochester, others blossom late, but then they all leave. Some leave the team before they have to, but that's also been true for years. Why is AD leaving for UT different than the legions of stars who have left early to go pro? Why do we judge him differently?

We cherish every players' time on the team because we know it's finite. The end of that time may be more unpredictable now, but it's not inherently different.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News