ADVERTISEMENT

Chappy's Fried Chicken in Athens

Dawg to the Bone

B2B Ain't nothing finer in the land!
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Man, I finally went there today and that is some seriously good fried chicken. The funny thing is that I have been wanting some "hot chicken" since we left Nashville after the Vanderbilt game and guess what, that is what this chicken taste like. The slaw was really good too. I also liked t he ambience. I think us south Georgia boys will like it. The wood floors and blues music made me feel right at home. It was like an oyster bar or a fish shack for fried chicken. If you live near Athens, you should really give it a shot. It's the real deal.

Man, I finally went there today and that is some seriously good fried chicken. The funny thing is that I have been wanting some "hot chicken" since we left Nashville after the Vanderbilt game and guess what, that is what this chicken taste like. The slaw was really good too. I also liked t he ambience. I think us south Georgia boys will like it. The wood floors and blues music made me feel right at home. It was like an oyster bar or a fish shack for fried chicken. If you live near Athens, you should really give it a shot. It's the real deal.
Jim Chaney has his own booth there

Reactions: Dawg to the Bone
Do you mean Champy's?

Fried green tomatoes are really good too.

Reactions: Dawg to the Bone
The baked beans and slaw are different too but awesome. But for those that don't like chicken of some sort, tamales, baked beans and slaw, you're out of luck. That's all there is. Short of the salads, which I've never tried. Very limited menu. But recommend it.

Reactions: 3fusiondawg
The baked beans and slaw are different too but awesome. But for those that don't like chicken of some sort, tamales, baked beans and slaw, you're out of luck. That's all there is. Short of the salads, which I've never tried. Very limited menu. But recommend it.
The catfish is pretty dang tasty

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT