ADVERTISEMENT

Chuck Oliver actually dropped a nice nugget on Saban yesterday regarding his decison...

BaronVonHeinsteidel

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
Yes there have been rumblings that Saban was heavily considering retiring. I think that was evident. Let me repeat that again. He was talking about it. Further, I think it was evident that he was mentally preparing for it just based on the fact that his demeanor was noticeably completely different his final year.

But what was interesting is that he apparently had no plan of retiring exactly when he did. And I'm talking about the moment. Apparently the morning of the tenth, he just finally had enough. He was going about his day. Business as usual. He was interviewing candidates for DL coach. Bo Davis told Saban that he didn't want to join the staff because he didn't know how long Nick would be there. That was the tipping point.

He talked to Miss Terry. Told her he didn't overthink it, just abruptly made a decision that had been brewing.

And as we know, at some point that day, he called for a team meeting, talked to Chris Low and at around 5 PM the same day, we all got the news.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News