ADVERTISEMENT

Dang a bakery in the state of Oregon was fine

OlecountryDawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Jan 24, 2008
100,000 for not making a cake for same sex wedding . Man could lose his house and business.

On the plus side someone set up a GO fund me account and has already raised 100,000 for the man :

I'm thinking we going to see more of that so people can pay their fines without coming out of pocket.

100,000 for not making a cake for same sex wedding . Man could lose his house and business.

On the plus side someone set up a GO fund me account and has already raised 100,000 for the man :

I'm thinking we going to see more of that so people can pay their fines without coming out of pocket.
Not real profitable to be openly bigoted....I'm glad to hear it

Reactions: ''M''
Your rights Dont change when you own a business. Look at hobby lobby ruling . That no different than this . They should sue the state .
I always thought, you know....my rights end where the other guys begin....these people have no right to be openly bigoted or to reach into another couples bedroom with their lack of cake.

if a gay couple wants a cake...bake them two cakes....that's what jesus would do

Not real profitable to be openly bigoted....I'm glad to hear it
WHether it's profita

The State can't prevent the KKK from demonstrating, but if a somebody doesn't want to participate in an event that conflicts with a religious belief, holy hell, they must be stopped.

WHether it's profita

The State can't prevent the KKK from demonstrating, but if a somebody doesn't want to participate in an event that conflicts with a religious belief, holy hell, they must be stopped.
That's some weird logic

That's some weird logic
What's weird about it? Bigotry is already tolerated in the name of free speech. Why should "bigotry" in the name of free exercise of religion be any different? It's a freaking cake. Those two lesbians should have simply called the next bakery. Of course if they had, there wouldn't have been the opportunity to use the power of government to make sure that the bakery owners got their minds right.

What's weird about it? Bigotry is already tolerated in the name of free speech. Why should "bigotry" in the name of free exercise of religion be any different? It's a freaking cake. Those two lesbians should have simply called the next bakery. Of course if they had, there wouldn't have been the opportunity to use the power of government to make sure that the bakery owners got their minds right.
Is it a religion based on cake baking?

You'd mentioned they should be free to practice their religion of baking cakes for non gays
That's not what I said at all, but sure, just like Jews should be free to practice their religion of not eating pork.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT