ADVERTISEMENT

Dawg Nation's "adopted" DGD RIP Pat

KirbysBarber

Miller Lite's Worst Enemy
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2018
To my fellow Dawg family,

In times like these we often do not know where to turn, but I know this is an amazing community and outlet for these type of things. I want to preface that I am not a frequent poster nor do I typically like to share personal information over social media but I do read the board multiple times a day, however the situation that I have found myself in this week has inspired me to share my story.

I have posted about this before, but when I moved to Fort Worth, TX five years ago I have been spreading my love for the Dawgs all across the city to all my friends that I have made (they all love the barking). That has been extended to my Fiancé's family (proposed in October of this year) since the moment they took me in. The original post I made about this was about how I turned my future Father in law (who is an Aggie) into a dawg lover quickly. The evidence is below, now while the Aggies have been down the last few years so it was easy for him to support our dawgs, he shared with me how he used to LOVE watching Herschel run with his father, but over the past few years he has watched all of our games and texted me throughout pulling for the good guys.

This weekend while my fiancé and I were at the Dallas Stars hockey game, we received a call from her house that there was an issue. Her dad who had been having issues breathing the past few days laid down for a nap and sadly passed away. This family is far to familiar with grieving since they also lost their mother back in 2017. Caitlin (my fiancé) is the oldest child and she has 3 other siblings with the youngest being her 10 year old brother.

The community around us in TX, the A&M family, the little league baseball team, neighbors, past teachers, out of town friends and family have all rallied around us during this time and it has been a truly inspiring reminder of what we can all do for each other in a time of need. I have linked the go fund me and obituary below so you can read a little bit more about this "adopted dawg". I was so excited to get to continue our talks about football and play golf courses with this guy. He truly touched so many lives here and I wish we got to tell him that more.

I have chosen to share my story because around the holidays we could all use a reminder of just how fragile life is and how important it is to spread love and kindness in a world today that is so predicated on division.

Pat will always primarily be an Aggie, but it is with great pleasure that I would like to at least show him the love that our Dawg family can also have for him and his family.

https://www.mulkeymasonlewisville.com/obituary/patrick-mccarrell
https://www.gofundme.com/f/the-mccarrell-kids

PS- Shoutout to the Aggie community whom also posted about Pat this week and showered him with their support, it means so much to my Fiancé and her family. Moving forward it will be hard to not reciprocate the love Pat showed the dawgs and for me to also grow a soft spot for the Aggies (gig'em I think ;)).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News