ADVERTISEMENT

Dawgs Mount Rushmore

godawgs4

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2017
Carrollton, TX
I saw a post a while back and it got me thinking about what a UGA Football Mount Rushmore would look like. I decided to tackle it with a analytical point of view with a combination of individual and team accomplishments weighted significantly to the individual.

INDIVIDUAL -- Consensus All-American weighted for multiple appearances, Heisman Winners, Major Awards (Maxwell, Bednarik, Nagurski), Conference POTY (Total or offense / defense), Major Position Awards (Outland, Lombardi, O'Brien, Walker), Permanent Team Captain, First Round Pick

TEAM -- National Champ, Conference Champ

I started with a list of UGAs consensus All-Americans as I assumed that would be pretty much every major Georgia player or candidate. Then I added guys that won an large or conference award (Johnny Rauch, Ray Goff and Willie McClendon). Then I went back through the list for guys that were Hall of Fame inductees etc. and only added one name Scott Woerner. The list does not include many that would be considered DGD, Stafford, A.J. Green, Moreno, Eric Zeier and many others and is very light from 1950-1966 and 1986-1997. That said he players that didn't make the list aren't really in the league of the ones that made the list with very few exceptions in either National or Conference acclaim or Team success.

I was interested to see that after the obivous and clear number 1 there were 2 that were also a clear second tier. Then it got very interesting. For instance, not being a team captain, kept Terry Hogue off the list after he was helped immensely by 3 conference titles and a pair of All-American choices. If he is picked in the first round Nakobe Dean would just pass Jarvis Jones into a tie for 5th with a retired number and Hogue.

7 of the top 10 were defensive players.

Without further adieu, here is my Bulldogs Mount Rushmore

Herschel - 3 x AA, Heisman, Maxwell, Walter Camp, 3x SEC POTY, National Champ, 3x SEC Champ

David Pollack - 2 x AA, Bednarik, 2 x Hendricks, Lombardi, 2 x SEC Defensive POTY, SEC Champ, 1st round pick

Frank Sinkwich -- 2 x AA, Heisman, SEC POTY, National Champ, SEC Champ, First Round Pick, Captain

Jordan Davis -- AA, Bednarik, Outland, National Champ, SEC Champ, Captain (He was one of 4 for Orange and NCG), presumed First Round Pick. not to mention the Braves thing, scoring on offense and leading the Redcoats.

The just missed list is a who's who of Bulldogs legends (Trippi, Hogue, Nakobe, Roquan, Jarvis Jones, Bill Stanfill, Garrison)

What do you think?

The whole list is below from Herschel to Randy Johnson.

mount-rushmore.jpg

mount-rushmore2.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News