ADVERTISEMENT

Deja Vu - Please No

504noladawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2017
Last year, like this year, we started conference play 3-1. Last year, like this year, our 5th conference game was on the road at Kentucky. We came out on fire. Took a 42-34 lead at half. The tv commentators were talking about how Kentucky couldn’t guard us 1 on 1. It was beautiful…until we lost the game by 14. Then we lost 6 out of our next 7 and that one win was in OT to one of the worst teams in the conference at home. It was rough times.

I honestly think we are going to lose by about 20 this Saturday. That’s my mind talking. My heart will be on full tilt Saturday, glued to the tv, cheering like crazy and hoping and praying we pull it out. Would be such a monumental W. But even if we lose by 20, we are okay. We don’t have to beat Kentucky on their homecourt on a Saturday night to accomplish any of our goals. This isn’t football where one loss feels like the season is over.

Last year, we had almost zero margin for error because we relied so heavily on one guy being the best guy on the court, Terry Roberts. This year we can come at you from several different players and this year we play good defense.

But our margin for error is still pretty small, because this SEC is so good. Whatever happens Saturday night, we need to take care of business next Wednesday at home Vs LSU. And that LSU team is playing well. After that it’s Fla on the road and Bama at home. That’s two tough ones. We need to keep any bleeding, small. This team has been very resilient. Opened the season with a rough one against Oregon, then took down Wake Forest the very next game. Down 17 Vs Fla State, get the W. . 3-0 on the road this year. Whatever happens Saturday night, let’s have our minds completely right next Wednesday. No Deja Vu, please! Go Dawgs!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News