ADVERTISEMENT

Eason's Family is moving to Athens..

HeulenHund2

Letterman and National Champion
Apr 30, 2015
At least it was reported on a podcast today. His Mom, Pop and sibs have already been house shopping.
I think They'll love the area.
That reminds Me, Coach Ekeler said Athens is by far the best place He's ever lived. He's at least the 3rd former assistant at UGA to make that comment.
CME came from USC where an assistant's salary buys You into a lower middle class neighborhood. In Athens it puts You in a fantastic neighborhood, which He also raved about.
Too bad Kirby didn't keep the guy.

Sometimes you lose the good with the bad when you're making a change to be your best. Take my ex-gf before I got married - she was put on this earth to fulfill any sinful pleasure I could possibly conjure up in my twisted mind. The downside was that she was dumber than a football bat. After 4 years, I needed more. Now I've got the best of both worlds.

Reactions: frio03
At least it was reported on a podcast today. His Mom, Pop and sibs have already been house shopping.
That reminds Me, Coach Ekeler said Athens is by far the best place He's ever lived. He's at least the 3rd former assistant at UGA to make that comment.
CME came from USC where an assistant's salary buys You into a lower middle class neighborhood. In Athens it puts You in a fantastic neighborhood, which He also raved about.

Are his siblings in school? Kind of shocked they would want to leave their friends...now, i know nothing about them...if they are in MS or ES then no big deal really.

If I were Eason I would want to get out on my own and not have my parents looming over me after I went off to college. It just seems like it might be odd if Tony Eason is showing up at the practice field to give Cheney and Smart some opinions; almost like some little league parents. I'm glad we got Eason but I really liked a guy like Murray who had a ton of talent but still had to work really hard and kept working hard after he got the starting job; then staid 4 years. I imagine Eason is thinking 2 and done.

Reactions: RxxDawg
If I were Eason I would want to get out on my own and not have my parents looming over me after I went off to college. It just seems like it might be odd if Tony Eason is showing up at the practice field to give Cheney and Smart some opinions; almost like some little league parents. I'm glad we got Eason but I really liked a guy like Murray who had a ton of talent but still had to work really hard and kept working hard after he got the starting job; then staid 4 years. I imagine Eason is thinking 2 and done.

He'll have to play three seasons before he can go in the NFL draft, unless he redshirts, which is not likely with our QBs.

Are his siblings in school? Kind of shocked they would want to leave their friends...now, i know nothing about them...if they are in MS or ES then no big deal really.

I think He has a Sister in HS who He is close to and an older brother. His Dad is a fireman, I'm sure He'll be able to keep hosing fires in Clark County.

Stories like these seem so bizarre to me. Uprooting your entire family and moving all the way across the country for this purpose just strikes me as really weird. Hell, the kid may only end up being in Athens for a year or two. And it's not like they're going to get to see him all the time anyway. He's going to be busy as hell.

Stories like these seem so bizarre to me. Uprooting your entire family and moving all the way across the country for this purpose just strikes me as really weird. Hell, the kid may only end up being in Athens for a year or two. And it's not like they're going to get to see him all the time anyway. He's going to be busy as hell.

He'll have to stay in school 3 years to qualify for the draft.
Maybe the Family likes the area, also Jacob's lone trip to Gainesville might have convinced them he will be better off with Family around, Richt isn't here either, so that might be a consideration.
I really don't see anything odd about it.

He'll have to stay in school 3 years to qualify for the draft.
Maybe the Family likes the area, also Jacob's lone trip to Gainesville might have convinced them he will be better off with Family around, Richt isn't here either, so that might be a consideration.
I really don't see anything odd about it.

I understand the NFL draft's 3 year rule. I was referring to the fact that many college kids and athletes end up realizing that they don't like their school of choice after the first year or two and transfer out. That happens all the time.

You're uprooting your entire family to follow an 18 year old across the country to a place he just recently decided to go to. And one trip that he took a week ago to a different place convinced you to do it? You honestly don't see anything even the least bit odd about that?

To me, if the kid is uneasy enough about the situation that he wants his whole family to move with him, that signals that he should be staying closer to home.

If I were Eason I would want to get out on my own and not have my parents looming over me after I went off to college. It just seems like it might be odd if Tony Eason is showing up at the practice field to give Cheney and Smart some opinions; almost like some little league parents.

Actually that might not be such a bad thing. Chipper Jones had his dad as his own personal batting coach. If Tony, being a former QB himself, can do the same thing with Jacob, it would be really beneficial.

And as you can see with Chipper Jones, he became one of the best hitting third basemen in the history of the game. It's the real personal time you get to spend with a family member who knows the game and the position that could really make this kid into something special.

Two ways to look at it.

Im glad my Dad wasn't up my ass while I was Georgia. I'm sorry; that's weird!

Actually that might not be such a bad thing. Chipper Jones had his dad as his own personal batting coach. If Tony, being a former QB himself, can do the same thing with Jacob, it would be really beneficial.

And as you can see with Chipper Jones, he became one of the best hitting third basemen in the history of the game. It's the real personal time you get to spend with a family member who knows the game and the position that could really make this kid into something special.

Two ways to look at it.
Tony Eason was not a quarterback btw. He was a wide receiver at Notre Dame. There was a qb a few years older by the same name who played at Illinois and then for the Patriots.

Tony Eason was not a quarterback btw. He was a wide receiver at Notre Dame. There was a qb a few years older by the same name who played at Illinois and then for the Patriots.

The Tony Eason I looked up was a quarterback for Illinois University, who also played for the New England Patriots and the New York Jets. It listed Jacob Eason as his son.

See this Google Search query:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Tony+Eason&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

You'll see a brief description of him in a box on the right side of your screen. It lists his sibling as Bo Eason, and a son named Jacob Eason.

The Tony Eason you found was a WR from Notre Dame who played in 1985 and 86. The Tony Eason I found, the father of Jacob was selected in the 1st Round of the NFL draft in 1983.

Hope that clears it up.

Last edited:
I imagine this is more about them being able to see him play rather than being up his ass. Flying back and forth from all the way across the country can get very expensive, and it's probably easier to just move.

The Tony Eason I looked up was a quarterback for Illinois University, who also played for the New England Patriots and the New York Jets. It listed Jacob Eason as his son.

You'll see a brief description of him in a box on the right side of your screen. It lists his sibling as Bo Eason, and a son named Jacob Eason.

The Tony Eason you found was a WR from Notre Dame who played in 1985 and 86. The Tony Eason I found, the father of Jacob was selected in the 1st Round of the NFL draft in 1983.

Hope that clears it up.

Jacob's Dad is the former WR.

Reactions: mmcarmody
It's still weird. They could have moved to Atlanta. It's strange. Must be a control freak...

We live in Suwanee and our son is a junior at UGA. I have been thinking about moving to Athens for a while now but just haven't taken the real steps to do it. We love Suwanee but I am sure we'd love Athens as well. Wife and I both are remote workers so no issues there.

It's still weird. They could have moved to Atlanta. It's strange. Must be a control freak...

I agree with another poster..probably just want to be able to see his games, have him home for thanksgiving, etc...If they are financially set and the HS sister doesn't mind...no problems there. Then again, if she is a senior or junior, she might stay behind with friends to finish school. People forget all the family time you miss. When I was with UGA hoops on staff, we didn't get thanksgiving outside of that day (unless we were at a tourney or we had a game friday) and sometimes we only got out after morning practice...then, for Christmas, one year we got a day and a half, the other we were at a tourney, so not home at all. If you were out of state, you never saw family at holidays and they rarely made a game. If they can financially swing it...i have no issue...heck, i don't have an issue if they can't...not my family.

Hope that clears it up.
The Jacob Eason that is coming to Georgia is the son of Tony Eason who played wide receiver at Notre Dame, NOT the Patriots qb out of Illinois. It is widely known that his dad played at UND.
But of course, everything you read on the internet is true.

The Jacob Eason that is coming to Georgia is the son of Tony Eason who played wide receiver at Notre Dame, NOT the Patriots qb out of Illinois. It is widely known that his dad played at UND.
But of course, everything you read on the internet is true.

I apologize. I stand corrected. Google is quite misleading, attributing Jacob to the quarterback. Heck Sports Illustrated fell for that. And they have a hell of a lot more journalistic experience about sports than I do. I'm new to all this recruiting stuff, so just um bear with me.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmcarmody
They need to toss this kid out there and let him take his lumps. No more lamchop and Ramses.

Because they give PhDs to folks who are unable to count to 40...you've got zero clue
IconLOL.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT