ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Easy and delicious Prime Shrimp and grits

CoastalVADawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2019
OK, this a plug for Prime Shrimp. But I love a good shrimp and grits. The problem is my wife and kids aren’t big fans so I rarely make it myself. But if you are like me and want to satisfy that shrimp and grits itch without making a large batch, I think I might have found the perfect easy recipe that is also pretty damn good.

First of all make a full recipe of this cheesy grits casserole.

I made this Christmas morning and it’s a killer recipe on its own. I recommend making it in a square baking dish. Put the finished casserole in the fridge overnight. The next morning portion out several individual servings and place each serving in a vacuum seal bag with a pat of butter. Put them in the freezer until they are completely frozen and then vacuum seal. Next time you want to satisfy your shrimp and grits itch, place a bag of your frozen grits and a bag of the New Orleans BBQ shrimp in a sous vide (set at 170) for about 10-15 minutes.

Pour the sauce in a bowl or saucer first and then place the grits right in the middle of that sauce. Then place the shrimp on top. If you want to gild the lily, fry up some bacon lardons, Tasso, andouille, or chaurice sausage and throw that on top as well ( but that certainly isn’t necessary as this is EASY shrimp and grits).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News