ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Enormous TIFWIW RE: End in Sight?

That’s just him trying to damage control without making his boss look like a total moron. He is simply preserving his job, hoping to influence trump in some positive manner. I highly doubt he would believe that privately.

Exactly. He wants to continue to be a relevant voice, and I want him to continue to be a relevant voice.

Reactions: ugafish
Not a pay wall for me. Oxford University professor says the numbers don't bear out the panic.
Intriguing. I'd love to know more about that. I will see if I can find another source quoting them. What is the professor's name?

I found the article @kdsdawg - For some reason when I did a google search it didnt throw the pay wall up. Very interesting. Damn I hope that is true - it would save our football season. I think we will know if it's true in a month or so. If new cases decline at some point in that time frame then it would suggest a lot more herd immunity exists than previously believed.

I found the article @kdsdawg - For some reason when I did a google search it didnt throw the pay wall up. Very interesting. Damn I hope that is true - it would save our football season. I think we will know if it's true in a month or so. If new cases decline at some point in that time frame then it would suggest a lot more herd immunity exists than previously believed.

Link?

I have no political agenda.

I routinely avoid internet disagreements and I’m not on social media.

My sole purpose as a medical doctor is simply to bring some calm to the panic. Yes experts have spoken, but it’s far from consensus in the medical community.

My agenda is we are going to be fine. America is going to be fine. Sure it’s my opinion but I’m far from the only doctor looking at the numbers thinking they don’t add up.

Seriously for fun research the Spanish Flu. Interesting. Yes we can’t move as fast in 1918 as we do today, the flu moved rapidly.

Aside from that it killed approximately 675k Americans. That’s how I am confident millions of Americans will not succumb to covid 19. We won’t get close to Spanish Flu territory if we did nothing but just practiced medicine.

mom truly not here to be an ass. The numbers aren’t adding up. We need calm.
This is the voice of reason. Key phrase: the numbers aren't adding up. We need calm.
And paychecks!

Reactions: kdsdawg
Our strategic national stockpile was way too low.

No health experts think this is only gonna kill at a rate of 0.1-0.3. If that were so, none of this would be happening.
It would be happening. Its election year. This virus is DEMs' only hope. That, and vote rigging, like Pelosi put in her bill.

Reactions: kdsdawg
That’s just him trying to damage control without making his boss look like a total moron. He is simply preserving his job, hoping to influence trump in some positive manner. I highly doubt he would believe that privately.

Do you actually listen to Dr. Fauci or do you just listen to what pundits say about him. I have literally seen him on 3 different occasions say the POTUS listens to him and the med staff. Dr. Birx echoed the same as does Surgeon General Dr. Adams.

Now, there is no doubt Dr. Fauci doesn't like Trump's style and wants to avoid getting over our skis but that is what doctors and researchers do. I also think Dr. Fauci understands that you don't let people die because a treatment that shows promise hasn't jumped thru all the normal clinical hoops and you can't let the engine that actually allows him and his colleagues to do their work and make advancements to die.

Do you actually listen to Dr. Fauci or do you just listen to what pundits say about him. I have literally seen him on 3 different occasions say the POTUS listens to him and the med staff. Dr. Birx echoed the same as does Surgeon General Dr. Adams.

Now, there is no doubt Dr. Fauci doesn't like Trump's style and wants to avoid getting over our skis but that is what doctors and researchers do. I also think Dr. Fauci understands that you don't let people die because a treatment that shows promise hasn't jumped thru all the normal clinical hoops and you can't let the engine that actually allows him and his colleagues to do their work and make advancements to die.

My point in the previous post stands. The man knows he is a dealing with the most powerful buffoon in the world, so he is walking the tightrope. Trumps words don’t indicate he listens to him.

I certainly hope you're right, and if any country in the world can create a treatment in a hurry, it's the US.

That said, a man died today after he tried to self-medicate with chloroquine, and his wife is in the hospital. We've all got to be careful and listen closely to our doctors.

Just a point of order but it turns out this couple drank a dose of aquarium cleaner. NBC left that part out & just ran the story anyway because the ernge guy is bad.

Hate it for them but Darwin & all applies heavily in this case.

You have run out of words to rationalize this terrible display from the president. Signs of an incredibly weak point. Now get back to all of the stuff you skipped from an earlier post:

As for protecting the vulnerable, It Turns out way more people are vulnerable to this illness than just the geriatrics, which was an old belief that has since been disproven. This illness flat out knocks people on their ass in ways the flu doesn’t do, and it spreads to More people.

The HC system isn’t designed to handle something like this. Going back to work is flat out irresponsible if the goal is to maximize lives and our HC system.

If only we had enough masks to help mitigate the risk of going back to work, but there aren’t enough for healthcare workers, much less everyday citizens. Unfortunately, We don’t have a society that wears masks like the Asian ones.

Reactions: celticdawg
Almost everyone believes this virus is politicized. Just watch the MSM. you'd be surprised what goes on out here in the real world.

The virus exists outside the realm of the politically obsessed such as yourself. It doesnt GAS what political party you cheer for. You better stay inside or it just might kick your ass. How many deaths per day is gonna finally make you change your ignorant mind? 500?

Update. March 14, the US per day death rate was 8. Yesterday, it eclipsed 200 per FOX, (163 per CNN). It didn’t eclipse 100 until 2 days ago.

The virus exists outside the realm of the politically obsessed such as yourself. It doesnt GAS what political party you cheer for. You better stay inside or it just might kick your ass. How many deaths per day is gonna finally make you change your ignorant mind? 500?
I will be properly concerned when the death toll starts accelerating past a bad flu year in the US...80,000 deaths, like a year ago. But not if those are people who were already dying from a terminal illness in the first place.
Can you tell me how many Coronavirus deaths so far had terminal cancer, so far?

You have run out of words to rationalize this terrible display from the president. Signs of an incredibly weak point. Now get back to all of the stuff you skipped from an earlier post:

As for protecting the vulnerable, It Turns out way more people are vulnerable to this illness than just the geriatrics, which was an old belief that has since been disproven. This illness flat out knocks people on their ass in ways the flu doesn’t do, and it spreads to More people.

The HC system isn’t designed to handle something like this. Going back to work is flat out irresponsible if the goal is to maximize lives and our HC system.

If only we had enough masks to help mitigate the risk of going back to work, but there aren’t enough for healthcare workers, much less everyday citizens. Unfortunately, We don’t have a society that wears masks like the Asian ones.

No, I haven't ran out of arguments. I simply get bored debating people that won't admit a fact when there are literally multiple quotes from the subject matter and others in the room that 100% refute your position. When you result to saying the straight shooter Dr. Fauci is now lying to keep his position and call his boss a buffoon, there is really no need in continuing the conversation.

Folks like me have stated over and over that we've done some things correctly and we've made some mistakes. Others simply take the position of OM bad and nothing he does is the right move. Honestly, I always enjoy your post and even a back and forth with you but this conversation is a dead end. I can agree with the fact that our testing procedures and supply chain was a disaster for many reasons and that buck stops at the top. I can also give the POTUS credit for following the scientists advise and stopping flights from China, quarantining potential victims.

Do you have any idea how many people die daily on average in the United States? I’m sorry but 500 people is an extraordinarily low number. I know that sounds callous but it is the honest truth as much as I wish death wasn’t real and we were all immortal.

Do you have any idea how many people die daily on average in the United States? I’m sorry but 500 people is an extraordinarily low number. I know that sounds callous but it is the honest truth as much as I wish death wasn’t real and we were all immortal.

When something is overwhelming HC systems, it’s far more serious than a normal day at the death office.

No, I haven't ran out of arguments. I simply get bored debating people that won't admit a fact when there are literally multiple quotes from the subject matter and others in the room that 100% refute your position. When you result to saying the straight shooter Dr. Fauci is now lying to keep his position and call his boss a buffoon, there is really no need in continuing the conversation.

Folks like me have stated over and over that we've done some things correctly and we've made some mistakes. Others simply take the position of OM bad and nothing he does is the right move. Honestly, I always enjoy your post and even a back and forth with you but this conversation is a dead end. I can agree with the fact that our testing procedures and supply chain was a disaster for many reasons and that buck stops at the top. I can also give the POTUS credit for following the scientists advise and stopping flights from China, quarantining potential victims.

It’s well known trump gets rid of people quickly. Fauci is smart enough to know that. He is smart enough to know how to not end up on the chopping block. Even if you disagree with that take, I had other takes in that post you are continuing to ignore.

I will be properly concerned when the death toll starts accelerating past a bad flu year in the US...80,000 deaths, like a year ago. But not if those are people who were already dying from a terminal illness in the first place.
Can you tell me how many Coronavirus deaths so far had terminal cancer, so far?

A bad flu year is 50-60k, and it would be a hell of a lot worse without the vaccine. Just like this would be a hell of a lot worse without closing down.

A bad flu year is 50-60k, and it would be a hell of a lot worse without the vaccine. Just like this would be a hell of a lot worse without closing down.
Imagine if the media and our politicians acted this way over the flu. The reason there is panic and concern over the hospitals is because of the narrative. Yes, this is very serious for the elderly and medically compromised. But, for the rest of us washing your hands and social distancing is sufficient.

Reactions: JohnnyBeeDawg
Imagine if the media and our politicians acted this way over the flu. The reason there is panic and concern over the hospitals is because of the narrative. Yes, this is very serious for the elderly and medically compromised. But, for the rest of us washing your hands and social distancing is sufficient.

Panic and concern is because of an influx of acute respiratory distress syndrome. Make no mistake, Covid causes that, not the media.

A large amount of our adult nation is either elderly or with underlying health concerns like high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, or asthma, especially in the south.

We all hope OP is correct but there seems very little to support this other than wishful thinking. Yes, social distancing can slow the growth down- that is why we are all doing it. But if this leads us to see good numbers and just go back to work we will just be right back in the same place again in a few weeks.
We can’t have it 1 way...economy/medical. Both have to be addressed now, can’t continue to print $ again in 3 months.

So, here’s the question. Without discounting the Wuhan Virus (it’s serious), how can the chicken little’s, who have seriously damaged our economy and harmed millions of our citizens, backpeddle and admit they overreacted? The answer is they can’t. Look for an enormous deflection effort led by the NYT and WaPo.

So, here’s the question. Without discounting the Wuhan Virus (it’s serious), how can the chicken little’s, who have seriously damaged our economy and harmed millions of our citizens, backpeddle and admit they overreacted? The answer is they can’t. Look for an enormous deflection effort led by the NYT and WaPo.

“When after all these social distancing measures are taken, and the total loss of life isn’t that bad, the people who opposed taking them are going to claim vindication.”

Thanks for proving this point already.

I think I will take the word of @JohnnyBeeDawg over some know-it-all yankee quack at the CDC. They don't even listen to their gut. If his gut says the number is 80k then it's 80k.
CDC says estimate was 46k-95k last season. Dr. Fauci said in press conference it was 80k.
Believe any jackleg on the internet you want.
EDIT: Correction...My numbers are from 2018, not 2019. Fact remains that flu kills too.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT