ADVERTISEMENT

EXCLUSIVE: GA Lieutenant Governor Burt Jones Announces Members Of New Investigatory Committee Looking Into Fani Willis

doerunn

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jul 13, 2001
doerun and inverness
https://dailycaller.com/2024/01/29/...bers-new-investigatory-committee-fani-willis/

Republican Georgia Lt. Governor Burt Jones will announce members of a new investigatory committee Monday that will have subpoena power and are looking into Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis, the Daily Caller has first learned.
The committee will be bipartisan, with six Republicans and three Democrats, and will look into Willis’ relationship with her alleged lover Nathan Wade, and the alleged misuse of taxpayer funds. Willis has faced continued scrutiny over whether her indictment against Trump was politically motivated.
The Daily Caller News Foundation has continued to extensively report on the alleged misuse of taxpayer dollars and their alleged failure to properly report them. (RELATED: Trump Details Endless Legal Fights In Primetime Mar-A-Lago Address After Indictment)
“The Georgia Senate has the right and responsibility to investigate misuse of taxpayer resources by public officials. I have full faith in the members of this investigative committee, chosen this morning by the Committee on Assignments, and their efforts to pursue the truth wherever it may lead,” Jones told the Caller before announcing the committee. (RELATED: ‘I’m Done’: Fulton County Resident Blasts Fani Willis For Prosecuting Trump)
“With this announcement, we are one step closer to uncovering the truth behind Fani Willis, her relationship with Mr. Wade, and the misuse of taxpayer funds,” Jones added.

Jones announced the following state Senators will be serving on the new investigatory committee:
Senator Bill Cowsert (District 46), who will serve as chair; Senator Greg Dolezal (District 28), who will serve as vice chair; Senator Jason Esteves (District 6); Senator John Kennedy (District 18); Senator Blake Tillery (District 19); Senator Harold Jones (District 22); Senator Bo Hatchett (District 50); Senator Steve Gooch (District 51); and Senator Gloria Butler (District 55). (RELATED: House Judiciary Committee Launches Probe Into Fani Willis Over Trump Indictments)
“I am honored to be chosen to chair this important committee investigating potential misuse of taxpayer dollars for personal gain and unethical behavior by public officials and paid prosecutors. There has been a dramatic decrease in public confidence in the fairness and the impartiality of our criminal justice system. If true, recent allegations related to Fani Willis and Mr. Wade are deeply disturbing,” Cowsert who is the chairman of the committee, told the Caller.
We will independently investigate those claims in a bi-partisan fashion and in pursuit of the truth. Our charge is not to interfere with ongoing criminal proceeding, to prosecute misconduct or to disqualify any individual prosecutor. Rather, we seek to restore public confidence in our criminal justice system,” he added.

At least this isn't politically motivated.
You don’t live in ga anymore do you? Outside of trump even the local news is bashing her. She has people waiting for hearings for over a year. Because of this trump stuff. 4 died not awaiting trial. Just a freaking bond hearing in jail. Not in prison. Also because the jail she is responsible for is in terrible shape my friend. She is awful at her job, and has neglected it for ironically political reasons. She hired her boyfriend. And then met the the Biden admin in Athens and billed them. This is a fact.

So if a political attack is had, well she has earned it. I am surprised to hear it after reading the article. I am not attacking your post. They have a bi partisan committee. These investigations into Trump in other places have no such bi partisan groups that checked it out. I felt like that was a big gift from the state’s gop.

You don’t live in ga anymore do you? Outside of trump even the local news is bashing her. She has people waiting for hearings for over a year. Because of this trump stuff. 4 died not awaiting trial. Just a freaking bond hearing in jail. Not in prison. Also because the jail she is responsible for is in terrible shape my friend. She is awful at her job, and has neglected it for ironically political reasons. She hired her boyfriend. And then met the the Biden admin in Athens and billed them. This is a fact.

So if a political attack is had, well she has earned it. I am surprised to hear it after reading the article. I am not attacking your post. They have a bi partisan committee. These investigations into Trump in other places have no such bi partisan groups that checked it out. I felt like that was a big gift from the state’s gop.
Well, I have never been a resident of Georgia and did not attend UGA. I did work for a company in Atlanta and spent many a night there and for a number of years between three and four months in total each year. Just wanted to settle that.

Your first paragraph has been reported and I am not challenging it

Why does one earn a political attack? Statements like that continue to divide the country. Sounds like there is reason to investigate her so that's fine. Will be interesting to see if there is a vote and how that goes.

When Ttump was impeached there was a bipartisan hearing. When you are charged with a crime, there is no bipartisan committee. That doesn't apply to our court system so I can't equate the two.

• Haha
Reactions: cherrydawg
Interesting that the GA legislature didn't lift a finger to investigate Jackie Johnson, DA in Glynn County, after she stonewalled the investigation of Ahmaud Arbury's murder.

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
Well, I have never been a resident of Georgia and did not attend UGA. I did work for a company in Atlanta and spent many a night there and for a number of years between three and four months in total each year. Just wanted to settle that.

Your first paragraph has been reported and I am not challenging it

Why does one earn a political attack? Statements like that continue to divide the country. Sounds like there is reason to investigate her so that's fine. Will be interesting to see if there is a vote and how that goes.

When Ttump was impeached there was a bipartisan hearing. When you are charged with a crime, there is no bipartisan committee. That doesn't apply to our court system so I can't equate the two.
I was more meaning you don’t live here, so you aren’t seeing the local news. The Atlanta news is left of Elizabeth Warren and they still can’t help but having to cover how inept Fani is. I felt like investigating her with bipartisan members was a step in the right direction.

It also signals to me that she is cooked. And both sides want a picture beside the dead body.

The White House paid her boyfriend 2000 to meet with them. I can only assume that is tax payer money. Not to mention nothing is more banana republic than that. It just isn’t a good look. The Atlanta da’s have a long history of being corrupt. She is no different.

She earned a political attack. She ran on getting trump. She has neglected her duties. And cheated the system. Trump is catching them all over the place. Making enemies and earning attacks along the way. She is no different.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/01/29/...bers-new-investigatory-committee-fani-willis/

Republican Georgia Lt. Governor Burt Jones will announce members of a new investigatory committee Monday that will have subpoena power and are looking into Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis, the Daily Caller has first learned.
The committee will be bipartisan, with six Republicans and three Democrats, and will look into Willis’ relationship with her alleged lover Nathan Wade, and the alleged misuse of taxpayer funds. Willis has faced continued scrutiny over whether her indictment against Trump was politically motivated.
The Daily Caller News Foundation has continued to extensively report on the alleged misuse of taxpayer dollars and their alleged failure to properly report them. (RELATED: Trump Details Endless Legal Fights In Primetime Mar-A-Lago Address After Indictment)
“The Georgia Senate has the right and responsibility to investigate misuse of taxpayer resources by public officials. I have full faith in the members of this investigative committee, chosen this morning by the Committee on Assignments, and their efforts to pursue the truth wherever it may lead,” Jones told the Caller before announcing the committee. (RELATED: ‘I’m Done’: Fulton County Resident Blasts Fani Willis For Prosecuting Trump)
“With this announcement, we are one step closer to uncovering the truth behind Fani Willis, her relationship with Mr. Wade, and the misuse of taxpayer funds,” Jones added.

Jones announced the following state Senators will be serving on the new investigatory committee:
Senator Bill Cowsert (District 46), who will serve as chair; Senator Greg Dolezal (District 28), who will serve as vice chair; Senator Jason Esteves (District 6); Senator John Kennedy (District 18); Senator Blake Tillery (District 19); Senator Harold Jones (District 22); Senator Bo Hatchett (District 50); Senator Steve Gooch (District 51); and Senator Gloria Butler (District 55). (RELATED: House Judiciary Committee Launches Probe Into Fani Willis Over Trump Indictments)
“I am honored to be chosen to chair this important committee investigating potential misuse of taxpayer dollars for personal gain and unethical behavior by public officials and paid prosecutors. There has been a dramatic decrease in public confidence in the fairness and the impartiality of our criminal justice system. If true, recent allegations related to Fani Willis and Mr. Wade are deeply disturbing,” Cowsert who is the chairman of the committee, told the Caller.
We will independently investigate those claims in a bi-partisan fashion and in pursuit of the truth. Our charge is not to interfere with ongoing criminal proceeding, to prosecute misconduct or to disqualify any individual prosecutor. Rather, we seek to restore public confidence in our criminal justice system,” he added.

Why are you here then? Just curious.

Reactions: cherrydawg
Interesting that the GA legislature didn't lift a finger to investigate Jackie Johnson, DA in Glynn County, after she stonewalled the investigation of Ahmaud Arbury's murder.

I love these types of posts, because they are so awful.

1. That DA was indicted and will be tried.
2. That case has nothing to do with this. The 2 are not remotely similar.

3. There are legitimate issues to resolve

Last edited:
Anyone that defends Fani Willis job performance at this point, is one of three things.Either blind, an ultra partisan leftist, or a dumbass! By the way, Fani herself has two of those attributes, but she isn't blind!

Last edited:
Why are you here then? Just curious.
I'm not sure what you mean by "here"? BTW, I consider Zinger a friend and was just clarifying. Why am I on the Vent? Because I'm a big Dawg fan like some of the people here. My university didn't play football and closed back in the 70s and I adopted the Dawgs after marrying my wife who was born in Atlanta and was a fan (she likes sports a lot). Why am I on the Chat? I ask myself that sometimes because it's impossible to discuss anything with some of the people here who don't accept someone else's opinions (and I'm not including you in that group). I usually try to counter misinformation or opinions I disagree with and want to present another viewpoint, but you know how that goes. On this occasion, I was being sarcastic.

Sure it is. But are you questioning the legitimacy ?
I hope so..can’t wait to hear him try and defend her ..I hope the IRS investigates both …never heard of a law firm that deals primarily in cash like Mr Wade says his does …what a joke these two are ! Typical Fulton County Govt!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pecanman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT