ADVERTISEMENT

Extra Gump tears from another board.....

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
Bammer Bobby Gump ( a very poor man's version of Bulldog Bob): He staying.

Best Tide baller evah Gump: After the amount of tampering this kid has probably endured he’s my new favorite player. He was already pretty close to the top anyway.

Wanna bet? Gump: If Bama retains Downs and picks up Muhammad, that combined with Malachi Moore is going to be the most talented secondary in the country

ESPN app Gump: Downs to the portal per Thamel

George Strait Gump:
I hate all of this

I’m fricking tired of it.

George-Strait-2.jpg

Pennywise Gump: College football is a clown show.

Finally got that death penalty Gump: Hopefully we will be able to field a team next year.

PXG Gump: Might be time to back off the insider info my guy, you’ve been off on a lot of this

Trying to calm PXG Gump down Gump:
This is what I was saying before. Bammer Bobby might have been right before that he didn’t want to go. But any of these guys apart from guys like Booker can change their mind last second. You never know

And the more guys that enter the portal, that might be enough to convince other guys to leave

"This isn't kind of like a rebuild, this is the real deal" Gump: Well that is a blow, I think we just need to all prepare ourselves that next year is a transition type year

"Been in this tunnel for a week and still no light" Gump:
I doubt the transfers out of this team are done yet

"We hired Hugh Freeze" Gump: Went from sure fire playoff berth to 7-5.

Bammer Bobby Gump: Not really bud. These are kids and a lot of money is in play. I was personally part of an NIL deal with this particular player. So I know for a fact yesterday he wasn’t going anywhere. Bag man strikes again.

Therapist Gump:
Everyone take a deep breath. We will be okay. There’s a reason Coach DeBoer was named 2023 coach of the year. He made the CFP and beat Sark with the UW roster.

We will be okay. Sucks to lose players, especially because kids look up to them and buy jerseys of their favorite player but it is what it is.

Want guys who mean it when they yell RTR!!! Gump: He didn't want to be here and I want guys who want to be here.
If you don't want to be here, get the F@#k on. That goes for Caleb Downs or anyone else. We were Alabama before you, and we'll be Alabama after you.

Effing mercenaries

Pot and Kettle Gump: A lot of non-Bama fans are celebrating all of this but at the same time would complain about how NIL is ruining CFB and turning it into an unregulated NFL

We ain't best any more, so the sport sucks for everyone Gump: Less to do with one player and more to do with players changing schools on a yearly basis based on the best money deal. CFB is a disaster.

KC Gump's Dad (a very poor man's version of CGD): After this one nothing is certain. There was literally a keep Downs fund happening and I guess we were outbid. It has absolutely nothing to do with where he plays or football really.

"Kalen ain't no Brian Kelly" Gump: Did LSU lose this many kids when CBK arrived?

Kirby drinks our milkshake Gump: This is a devastating blow. No way to spin it. Kirby just stole our best player right from under our noses. Work to do.

"Well, at least we got Jermaine Burton" Gump: This is a gut punch. Caleb Downs was probably the player we least needed to lose in the portal. It may be nobody's "fault" but it is still a failure for the program. We just lost a guy who will be an All-Pro caliber safety in the NFL.

DeBoer must repeat Process Chapter 1 Gump:
It takes a abundance of elite talent to win in the SEC, this is not the Pac-12.

Saban gave DeBoer the keys to a Cadillac and a sure thing playoff berth next year. All that had to happen was keep the team together.

DeBoer has failed his first task.

Let's wear patches to honor the Pac 12's memory Gump:
This whole "free transfer if your coach leaves but they don't get a chance to replace anyone" system the NCAA has set up is one of the dumbest things they've ever done.

We're going to have to adjust our expectations, I say we just go full PAC-12 and play exciting games, 40% of which we lose (not counting the free wins).

Or maybe this guy really is a God-tier coach and he makes it work anyway. We'll see.

"DeBoer warned us of this last night at the basketball game" Gump: DeBoer said last night in his speech at Coleman that we had some big news coming in recruiting. Not sure what he meant but he needs to recruit his own team and by recruit, I mean fricking pay the can’t lose guys what we should to keep them. Aka Downs, Haynes, Ryan Williams.

Roll Tide Willie Gump: I was at a point with him where it was make or break in how we move forward. He is great and a future first round likely all pro, but this morning I don’t even care honestly. He isn’t Alabama. Collectively we have to cope with the fact he won’t be the last, and it won’t always make sense; but at the end of the day if he is gone…then bye. In the words of roll tide Willie, I don’t give a piss about nothing but the tide.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News