ADVERTISEMENT

First game in years, stadium observations…

WIDAWG

Planetary Astronomer
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2002
Wilmington Island, GA
Went to my first game since one game in 2017, but before that it was 2009. Amazing how little has changed in terms of the game experience, but that’s both good and bad. My thoughts:

-I definitely get the complaints about the “wine and cheese” crowd. The fans were into the game, but not “elite” IMO and the vast majority in my section, 134, weren’t really yelling much. The main noise comes from the students as always. Definitely still not as loud in Sanford as I remember at LSU and UT back in the 90s and 00s.

-The pregame experience is okay, but feels like they could build things up more effectively. The call the Dawgs and spell Georgia cheer just kind of fall flat. The stadium should have more of a buzz IMO. Still it was overall better than I remember 15-20 years ago.

-The in game experience is also fine. The best moments were the start of the 4th quarter, the fun song where everyone swayed back and forth, and a few of the other songs. IMO there should be more attempt to engage the fans beyond the surprise camera the entire game.

-What’s up with the lack of replays on the video board? Seemed like they showed replays very infrequently.

-As mentioned by a poster last week, the concessions lines were a nightmare. I checked at halftime and just gave up and walked back to our seats.

-Nice to see the wider concourses and easier digital gate entry. Good improvements.

-I’d like to hear a wider variety of music from across generations and genres. That would probably help maintain more energy in the stands on commercial breaks.

-The commercial breaks weren’t as bad as I feared. Maybe that was because it wasn’t CBS. It was actually nice to have a break in the intensity from time to time.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. On to UT! Go Dawgs!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News