ADVERTISEMENT

Folks, we have some momentum!

504noladawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2017
Two players in the top 16 looking like they are going to commit to us this next class is absolutely excellent. Huge day for our program and Mike White. Job well done. Over the years, I’ve always been disappointed that we didn’t hire assistants with immediate connections to grab us high profile players, but the next best thing is getting a high profile player’s brother. Mike White did this with Asa Newell’s brother by making him a walk-on two years ago. Great, great move. Derrion Reid is just our staff flexing and is fantastic. Having these two with Jalen Deloach headed into next off-season is legit. Personally, I don’t think this coming season will be when we take the next step we all want to take and get in the tourney but we could be better than last year. But I honestly can’t wait for the season to start and if things fall right, who knows, maybe we really get rolling. Hope so!

Next Steps:

Admin: I was disappointed they didn’t give Mike White more initial support when he first got here. NIL was already a thing and we just didn’t set him up well like Ole Miss did with Chris Beard and LSU did with Matt McMahon. We appear to have turned a little bit of a NIL corner this off-season. Hopefully the admin stays patient and keeps it coming for White.

Mike White: This portal class was nice. Jalen Deloach, Noah Thomasson, Russel Tchewa are the kind of guys we would like to pull out of the portal every year. Now we just have to make sure we keep our top guys from leaving us. Roberts, Kario, and Lindsay were all well thought of and left. We have to keep our most productive guys so we don’t have to start from almost scratch each year.

If we keep our top guys off this coming year’s squad, with the additions on Newell and Reid coming in for the following year, and if the admin keeps the NIL funds headed White’s way, the following season could be really special. And hopefully the start of many years of special. Go Dawgs!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News