ADVERTISEMENT

Foos...

MonolithicDawgX

Three-Peat Enthusiast
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
So, Foos were my favorite band for prop 25 years. I think the fuelled the rock revival of the mid to late Oughts, with Arctic Monkeys, BRMC, and others... I had high hopes Rock could make a comeback...

Skip forward 6-7 years since I've seen the Foos in concert, and rock has disappeared more than ever.

I'm going to ABQ in Aug for a golf tournament and my buddy and I bought Foo tix while I'm there. Again, huge fan (until 2 albums ago) so all good.

Opening act is a band from 2010 Radkey. Right at the end of the rock revival. Amazon Music lists them as 'punk, an affront to us ouldes who remember punk. But really they, like all the bands of that short era, they muddle their guitars as if it is a sin to get good at the guitar. As if you put all rock songs in a blender, played the music, and muddled it again... Unless they sign Lynrd to open, I ain't missing a thing. Sad, really b/c opening acts should be fun and someone new. Radkey is neither.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
First thing that came to my mind...
foosball.jpg

So, Foos were my favorite band for prop 25 years. I think the fuelled the rock revival of the mid to late Oughts, with Arctic Monkeys, BRMC, and others... I had high hopes Rock could make a comeback...

Skip forward 6-7 years since I've seen the Foos in concert, and rock has disappeared more than ever.

I'm going to ABQ in Aug for a golf tournament and my buddy and I bought Foo tix while I'm there. Again, huge fan (until 2 albums ago) so all good.

Opening act is a band from 2010 Radkey. Right at the end of the rock revival. Amazon Music lists them as 'punk, an affront to us ouldes who remember punk. But really they, like all the bands of that short era, they muddle their guitars as if it is a sin to get good at the guitar. As if you put all rock songs in a blender, played the music, and muddled it again... Unless they sign Lynrd to open, I ain't missing a thing. Sad, really b/c opening acts should be fun and someone new. Radkey is neither.
Mono, I don’t know what it is that you are a talkin about.

BTW, what are you a drankin tonight?

I’m guessing Foo Fighters. I heard a song by them on a tube amp audition that I thought was great.

Plymouth Gin, Vermouth, and an olive. At the moment. Big fat Spanish Queen olive.
I’ve been working on a bottle of Elijah Craig Small Batch. Last week, I had a bottle of Gentleman Jack. It was 80 proof and very smooth. Elijah Craig is 94 proof. I think that I’m going to stick with the 80 to 90 proof range going forward.

Love the Foo’s as well and agree they appear to be the last rock band
The death of music started with Steve Jobs digitizing music onto crappy Mp3 formats and once Pro Tools software became THE way to make music; you no longer had to be any good at playing a guitar. Then streaming and Spotify took over music and artists can no longer make money from selling their content. Even today’s college kids love classic rock - they may like the ”hip hop pop crap“ of the minute but classic rock is classic for a reason. It never goes out of style.

I’ve been working on a bottle of Elijah Craig Small Batch. Last week, I had a bottle of Gentleman Jack. It was 80 proof and very smooth. Elijah Craig is 94 proof. I think that I’m going to stick with the 80 to 90 proof range going forward.
I’m kind of with you. But we did get into some Noah’s Mill which is 114. Pretty smooth, especially for something that stout.

I’m kind of with you. But we did get into some Noah’s Mill which is 114. Pretty smooth, especially for something that stout.
I’m with Jack and you on the 80 or 90 proof. Although you can always hit them with a little water, which is what I do with 90 proof Gin. I have a bottle of Booker bourbon which is 130. Too stiff to be enjoyable to me. Most all Cognacs are 80. Ummmm, getting close to Happy Hour at Casa Duck.

Reactions: BonJax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT