ADVERTISEMENT

For a college quarterback, I prefer a dual threat quarterback…..

easychair

UGA LOVER
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2003
Having the ability to run and throw is such a valuable quality in college. Look at Milroe at Alabama; he is really not that good of a passer, but he’s a great runner, making him the dual threat that he is. If we can find a quarterback, who is very proficient, running and throwing, we will really have something valuable. FWIW, I think Justin Fields would have been a VERY good dual threat QB.

From what I have seen of DylanR, he is not a dual threat quarterback, and he really has not been much of a running threat. I was disappointed from the highlights I watched of him, expecting him to be able to run the ball with high proficiency because of his size; but he did not show that at all. To me, DR seems more like a four-star quarterback than a five-star. If he had the running ability, then I could see his being a five star quarterback.

From what I have seen of Gunner, he is a true dual threat quarterback, having the ability to run and throw with good proficiency; it’s just a matter of how much he can develop at UGA.

I read that Florida commitment, Lagway, might possibly be decommtting at Florida. We might be too late getting in on him, but what a great pick up he would be, a real dual threat quarterback.

Ryan Puglisi is a very impressive passing quarterback, just as good, if not better than DR. I love his attitude, grinding and working hard for everything he has received. The only difference between RP and DR is the PR machine behind DR. And Gunner Stockton could very well end up being better than both because of his running ability.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News