ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE For once and for all on AD Mitchell....

Anthony Dasher

Circle of Honor
Staff
Aug 29, 2007
Winterville, Georgia
I think this is the fourth time today, I've posted this ..but here again, with a quote from Coach.

AD felt he tweaked it in the Auburn game.
AD's high ankle sprain was a serious one to begin with. Serious high ankle sprains I'm told by people a lot smarter than me, take 6-8 weeks to recover from.
When he tweaked it against Auburn, it pushed that timeline back.
I know everyone wants him out there. AD wants that more than anybody on this board, can promise you....It JUST TAKES TIME.
Anyway, here's what Coach said today in probably has been his best answer about the whole thing.

Smart - "The MRI and the X-rays don't show that anything was done. He felt like he might have tweaked it some. That slowed his progress some. But it's a pain-in-the-butt injury. And like I've talked about repeatedly, it didn't have an option to go do the tight rope and do the surgery that Tillman got, Tua got, Arian got. That wasn't an option.
So it's been frustrating for him. He wants to get back. He works really hard at it. He was better last week than he's been every week previous. He actually got to do individual drills last week and did some things. But he's still not, or at least last week, I don't know where he is this week because I haven't seen him yet, but he was not where he could come out of breaks and do the things required to play receiver, and that's tough. So he stayed here. He got extra rehab here, felt like he got a little better rehab here not having to be on it all weekend and during the game. So we're, again, hopeful to get him back this week, but it will be day by day.”

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News