ADVERTISEMENT

For Sharlene Willock and her family, a request...

BigDaddyDawgBreath

Hairy Cooontex
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
That we pray. For her, and what is most likely a wholly crushed heart. She has lost not 1 but 2 sons *almost exactly the same way* according to family. Car accidents with similar details.

I cannot imagine what she and their family are experiencing. It does not diminish the need for prayers for the Lecroy family, but I am deeply impressed with the need to pray specifically for Sharlene Willock.

A parent should not bury their child, as the Willocks and Lecroys must now do. But a parent should most especially not bury 2 children. Who died the same way no less.

Like we prayed for Damar, pray for Sharlene. Pray God scoops her up and heals her heart.

@NedRacineDawg posted this song below on another thread. I had not heard it before today and it struck my heart.

If I were Sharlene the first part of this song is how I would feel. I have 3 sons too and if I had to bury 2 I would question God mightily. One just started driving this year and another is about to. They have no idea how I hold my breath when they leave here together, praying they will return but never showing it because that would be stupid dad talk.

But it happened to the Willock family and Sharlene... twice.

I cannot imagine how Sharlene finds peace in this except a miracle like the one this song describes.

Sharlene - I have no idea if you are around here, and this place is nutty and sometimes completely ridiculous. But none of that matters today and if you somehow read this know that I am composing this in tears. This is about our sons and our children today. I will love my 3 boys a little more tonight, and I will pray for you and everyone else hurt by this with all my heart.

But especially for you, that His grace finds you.

I am so very sorry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News