ADVERTISEMENT

Fullback

LGDTB

Diehard supporter
Dec 4, 2006
I'm sure these questions have been answered already -- and, if so, my apologies -- but I was curious about the current status of the fullbacks. Namely:

1. Christian Payne. I know he's injured, and I've heard it was due to a cracked fibula, which will cause him to miss at least the first three games. Is this diagnosis/prognosis correct?

2. Quayvon Hicks. What's his injury, and how much longer is he expected to be out? Going into 2013, he was all the talk. He then showed flashes as a ball carrier and receiver in 2013 and 2014, but was never able to hold on to the starting job (I believe) due to his inability to pick up the blocking schemes and execute blocks. Is that a correct summary as to why he hasn't been starting and had Payne ahead of him on the depth chart? What are the expectations from him this year? Any news on how he looks as a blocker?

3. Nick Moore. I love that the coaches moved him to fullback. Having a proven athlete with his measurables and maturity to plug in is great for our depth -- but is it premature to expect him to make a meaningful contribution this year? Is he going to be able to learn the position and the offense in three weeks? Staff, would y'all try and remember to ask about his progression (as well as that of the other fullbacks during any Q&A opportunities with staff/players? Thanks.

4. Detric Dukes. He played all last season at FB but was moved back to ILB this year, iirc. With our decent depth at ILB now, is he a candidate to move back to FB? How was he doing at the position last year?

5. FB in Schotty's offense. It's no secret that Schotty loves the TE position and that we have a lot of quality depth at that position. Watching some St. Louis film I noticed that Schotty didn't use much fullback and far more commonly used double TE sets and sets featuring TE and H-Back. In order to play to our strength (TE), avoid our weak spots (FB), lesser usage of the FB as compared to Bobo's offenses?

6. Project the fullback depth chart for game 1.

Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News