Gold Member
Jan 22, 2005
Woo buddy, if you have the All Access:

Note: just went to 5 pages…

Thread 'The plug must be pulled now.'
https://florida.forums.rivals.com/threads/the-plug-must-be-pulled-now.128460/

iEnCNm.jpg

F5JRqb.jpg

So looks as if the Mod has thrown in the towel to maintain membership quotas…

Here is the 1st post in the thread:

SwampLand Gator:
Lane Kiffin would crawl over broken glass to take this job today. He’d be here immediately.

If firing Billy right now isn’t realistic because of the buyout, well we’re stuck with him until the end of the 25 season.

The total upfront money will be about the same 12 months from now as it is today when you factor in signing all these new coaches + S&C guy and a new OC to multi year deals.

Hiring Lane Kiffin today (or right after ESD) means you’re going to get the best players from his current roster that went 10-2, the best players from his portal class, and the best players from his high school class.

In a few days we’re going to have a transition class on the books for the 2024 cycle. X, Amaris and Hayes are all gone. That will drop us to 18th. Maybe we climb a few spots to 15th signing smith and another guy. This is pathetic and unacceptable.

Billy is a dead man walking. No portal players want to come here, we’ve struck out on so many DL coaching replacements, and the 25 recruiting cycle is going to be a disaster.

If you somehow still believe in Billy, you probably also thought Mike White was a good coach. Heck at least Mike White had some positives. There’s zero positives for Billy and there is no case to be made for him to stay after ESD.

Sasse and the big boosters have to make this happen now. Keeping Billy for another year or 2 is going to be hell for our program and brand. I’m sure somebody could calculate the money lost for the school and city of Gainesville. Enough is enough.”

Chomping in the Swamp Gator:
“I mean, I don’t agree with the OP at this point. The timing would be bad and Kiffin wouldn’t be my first or second call. However, it’s pretty clear something hasn’t gone as planned with the DL search. Unless we’re to believe Napier didn’t want to have a DL coach in place a week before ESD and 3 weeks after chaos was fired. In that case it’s even worse than whiffing on initial targets.”

DarkPathintheSwamp Gator:
“I'd be on board with Lane TBH. He'd have an exciting offense and would shoot his mouth off a lot, so it would be entertaining. I'm not sure he would get us to the promise land, but we are so far from that right now that I would take entertaining at this point. Boring and getting slapped around is a double no for me, and that is what I feel like is happening to us. Maybe there is some quiet plan in the works that we don't know about, but it seems like we are heading down a dark path.”

20-20Vision Gator:
“Right now our program is trending like one in which the coach was already fired.”

We hit bottom only to find a trap-door Gator:
“The focus needs to be on saving this class. If many of the kids leave who are threats to, this class would be worse than any of Mullens points wise including his transition class.”

Past Tense Gator:
“For two years, he received a lot of support.

For two years, 5-7 records, a class that is imploding and firing two coaches because of "behaviors they permitted" (read: Princely) - everyone (see other email on "this is sad") including hard core, life long gators are a mix between angry and apathetic. By the way, next year could be a 4-8 season due to the difficulty of schedule (and lack of development of the team).

Personally, whatever happens, happens at this point but when this board called out their concerns around Billy two years ago, despite the vitriol they received, it turns out they were spot on.”

—————————
Page 5
n8w1lz.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News