ADVERTISEMENT

Gators on Kirby and UGA....

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
"They've done nothing in the sports I don't really follow" Gator:
And I believe we will win a NC before Georgia gets to UF's level academically.

they’ve done nothing in basketball since I have been alive. They have not even mad an Elite Eight. They have done nothing in track and Field (UGA men's outdoor national champions 2018, 2018 women's indoor national championship) baseball (UGA 1990 national champs), gymnastics (UGA ten time national champs. Most in the sport), volleyball, softball, and soccer. We have won in tennis and golf. (Of course UGA has as well)

it sucks to be a Georgia Bulldog. All they have is football and that will be fleeting as we found out.

National Cornhole Champions Gator:
If the only sport you care about is football, I guess it's fine to be 16th academically compared to fifth, but what other sport is Georgia good at and prior to last year they had won nothing.

National Sychronized Swimming Gator: UF has the most SEC trophies across all sports. No other team comes close. Yes, some sports are down at the moment but don’t kid yourself, we are still the premier athletic school in the conference and top 5 in the country.

Pharmacy Gator:

UF's bitterest rival is now on top of the sport (UGA) and is a threat to win a second consecutive title. That alone is a bitter damn pill for Gators around the nation.

The Giant has awakened Gator: Yep. Kirby could be making a Saban-like run. The machine is running smoothly just need to feed it.

Doesn't understand why he's losing Gator: My opinion, with the type of athletes here, we should have stuck with a spread O. Shouldn't try to copy Bama and UGA, just concentrate on beating them

Dawgventer in a former life (2010 or so) Gator: Smart’s advantage was the disparity in talent. The disparity is diminishing! (because their class is on the top ten bubble)

Dr. Phil with the tough love Gator: As long as UGa keeps finishing in the top 3 of the recruiting rankings every year, that is nothing more than wishful thinking.

Mendoza line is attainable Gator: We beat them two years ago with that disparity. What makes you think that with more talent coming into our program and a coach that really gets it about Florida, that we can't significantly close the gap in the outcomes recently (UGA 5 out of the last 6 games)?

Horse chasing the dangling carrot Gator:
Last year they had a top 5 class. We did not even have a top ten class. This year they have a top 5 class and we have a top 10 class. Perhaps you see that as insignificant. Most would see that as the gap closing.

Thst was my point. If we can beat them with 3 and 4 stars we can certainly be more competitive with 4 stars and a couple of 5 stars.

(Just so you know. Mullen signed one five star in his second class. Billy has none right now according to Rivals. Billy does have a few more total four stars. But Mullen had 9 players at 5.9 or higher. Billy currently has 7.)

Settling Gator:
Let’s be serious. We are talking about National Titles. The reality of it is, there’s only one National Champion out of 131 teams in football. That’s 99.2% of the teams go through the season empty handed every year. Those are not good odds if you depend on winning it all to prove that we deserve to be in the conversation.

My take is, enjoy what we are building and appreciate what real leadership and development that CBN brings.

"It's just a little rain, Noah" Gator: UGA now is often what it looks like right before the bottom drops out.

Indiana Jones Swordsman Gator: Well I don’t know about you pal but I’m not counting on being owned by any of our rivals. Ga is rolling but we will be challenging them in short order. There won’t be any duplicating the Saban dynasty

indiana jones gun GIF

I wish this Gator was my pastor. I say Amen!:
What makes you think that, besides wishful thinking? Sort of like Dawg fans thinking about us during the SOS and Meyer eras?

Smart: 79-15 (.840)
Saban: 79-17 (.823) - 2007-2013

Whether you acknowledge it or not, Kirby is on a roll, and we are mediocre by comparison. Billy needs to rebuild our brand.

Grasper of straws Gator:
Based upon the commitments that Napier is bringing in I beg to differ. Georgia has a small window to shine in my opinion.

We went back to back in basketball and have not been to a Final since (almost 15 years).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News