ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia is re-opening...

He probably also assumed it would come in the fall because he thought governors would actually not open things back up until they saw numbers going downward.
Stay indoors if you want. The elderly and compromised should too. For the young and those who have already had it, they can go back to work. What is your problem with this very simple concept?

Reactions: 1966septemberdawg
Bunch of hypocrites on this planet. All bent out of shape trying to save lives by staying home or complaining about reopening businesses but don't give a **** about abortions. 12.9 million so far this year.
I'd say the people that really don't give a **** about abortions are those who claim it's murdering babies but do nothing but sit and vote for politicians who do little to nothing to change it. If they were actually murdering live babies, I certainly hope I'd do more than that. I have a friend who believes it's murder. But he marches and protests several times a year and also does a lot of work for poor unwed mothers. I may not agree with him, but I believe him. He's one of a very few that walks a lot more than he talks.

I

Reactions: celticdawg
Stay indoors if you want. The elderly and compromised should too. For the young and those who have already had it, they can go back to work. What is your problem with this very simple concept?
I don't have to. We never closed over here. Kinda figured out we needed to get mass testing ready before it came. Proactive vs. reactive. Proactive wins every time.

My problem is just what I said. Either he made a mistake when he shut it down, or he's making a mistake opening it back up. You can decide which. But there is no logical reasoning that could conclude he did the right thing both times considering the numbers.

9 new cases over here yesterday. That's right. 9. In a country of 50 million. Fulton county should pass S. Korea in active cases any day now. And it's not even considered a breakout zone yet by US standards.

Oil collapsing is the very last thing anyone needs to be concerned with. Low oil prices are great for the consumer / fuel intensive industries and will help with an economic rebound not hinder it. Besides, oil falling a long way was going to happen anyway once Russia and Saudis failed to agree on sizable OPEC+ production cuts as there was already a glut. The oil companies didn't give one damn about the consumer when it was $100 / BBL and would raise pump prices the instant oil move higher in pricing. They NEVER move down as fast. Never. I have zero sympathy for the bastes. The quicker we all move to electric vehicles the better.

WRONG, totally, totally wrong.

Do you know the industry employs 5+% of the US workforce?
That the industry makes up 7-8% of the US GDP?
Are you aware the US was exporting oil because of our huge supply due to fracking?
That the US was energy independent?

How is that going to be good for the economy as you enjoy your .99/gallon gas remember that if oil is under $30 a barrel it is unprofitable to drill for it in the US and we will end up dependent on OPEC/Russia/Oil Oligarchs.
High/low oil prices is supply and demand driven and usually short lived..

Oh an electric vehicles are poof if gas is cheap!

I don't have to. We never closed over here. Kinda figured out we needed to get mass testing ready before it came. Proactive vs. reactive. Proactive wins every time.

My problem is just what I said. Either he made a mistake when he shut it down, or he's making a mistake opening it back up. You can decide which. But there is no logical reasoning that could conclude he did the right thing both times considering the numbers.
It’s a fair debate. I think some politicians were bullied into shutting things down. They didn’t want to appear as uncaring or tone deaf, and if they were going to err it would be on the side of caution. I also think some of it is political. There was no way a Democratic governor was not going to shut down. But, many states are just not that bad. Notice that one of the very first states to reopen is Vermont, Bernie’s state.

Georgia’s numbers, like every other state, are going down. This is indisputable. It’s time to gear up (albeit slowly) and get back to work and restore the economy. Otherwise, none of us will be here.

He probably also assumed it would come in the fall because he thought governors would actually not open things back up until they saw numbers going downward.
The numbers are going down. They have been for two weeks.

What will be the next fear mongering point to drive a narrative?

Found it

Did u happen to notice oil fell to -$37/B today? This is the kind of indicator that leads to world wars & global collapse. Without correction this is the end of the petro dollar & our way of life.

We have to move forward. The cure is becoming more threatening than the disease.

From reading the article, its sounds like they took a lot of things into account. They are also aware, that a significant degree of social distancing will be necessary. And contrary to what some people keep sounding off on, they are not prepared to do the testing they would like to do. But there seem aware that they will have to monitor cases closely and open things slowly. Restaurants are going to be key and open somewhat later. I'm curious to see what the GA requirements for restaurants are going to be.

Reactions: JCarbo76

Actually there are 30 other states that will either be reopening prior to Georgia or begin reopening within 3 days of Georgia. Funny how no one seems to mention that. None of those Governors beat the left's beloved gap-toothed ogre in an election 2 years ago though.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...plan-to-reopen-after-coronavirus-restrictions

Reactions: JohnnyBeeDawg
From reading the article, its sounds like they took a lot of things into account. They are also aware, that a significant degree of social distancing will be necessary. And contrary to what some people keep sounding off on, they are not prepared to do the testing they would like to do. But there seem aware that they will have to monitor cases closely and open things slowly. Restaurants are going to be key and open somewhat later. I'm curious to see what the GA requirements for restaurants are going to be.
Lemme ax dis. Did you guys demand absolute perfection from Obama? I just don't recall anyone demanding perfect testing for 300MM ppl during H1N1. I don't recall your demand that we not leave our homes during H1N1 until we were guaranteed our personal safety. I also don't recall y'all demanding Obama immediately replenish all of the used masks and testing kits following H1N1. (For that matter, I don't recall any of y'all raising hell when Cuomo passed on buying 15,000 ventilators a few years ago.) I just don't recall the requirement for perfection from Mr. 57 States.

Are you sensing how hypocritical you sound to me?

Lemme ax dis. Did you guys demand absolute perfection from Obama? I just don't recall anyone demanding perfect testing for 300MM ppl during H1N1. I don't recall your demand that we not leave our homes during H1N1 until we were guaranteed our personal safety. I also don't recall y'all demanding Obama immediately replenish all of the used masks and testing kits following H1N1. (For that matter, I don't recall any of y'all raising hell when Cuomo passed on buying 15,000 ventilators a few years ago.) I just don't recall the requirement for perfection from Mr. 57 States.

Are you sensing how hypocritical you sound to me?

I didn't even read past the second sentence. I was trying to be complimentary to Colorado on how they were going about opening things up and you are still living in the past. All you do, and I've read many of your posts, is continue to rant about something and never respond to what is actually being discussed. And I know you are not going to change, so these are the last words, I'm going to spend on you.

Reactions: khonelson
Kemp is so incompetent, he can’t even follow trump's Guidelines to reopen in phase 1.

Hope none of y’all who are cheering for this guy end up being one of those with a severe case of Covid, but it’s bound to happen.
He is taking a risk but what are you so afraid of?

Again despite you telling us it would be, the health system for the state overall wasn’t overwhelmed or even close to it. Sure Albany was bad but that’s a small city in the middle of no where.

"Flattening the curve" was never about staying inside until we have a vaccine, is that your solution? The curve flattened, so taking measures to safely re-open needs to start sometime. When would work for you?

The massive death you promised doesn't look possible now so maybe re-opening can make it happen for you. Glad to see you hoping for someone to be in critical condition for having a different view than your doom and gloom. That's a mature position to hold for sure.

He is taking a risk but what are you so afraid of?

Again despite you telling us it would be, the health system for the state overall wasn’t overwhelmed or even close to it. Sure Albany was bad but that’s a small city in the middle of no where.

"Flattening the curve" was never about staying inside until we have a vaccine, is that your solution? The curve flattened, so taking measures to safely re-open needs to start sometime. When would work for you?

The massive death you promised doesn't look possible now so maybe re-opening can make it happen for you. Glad to see you hoping for someone to be in critical condition for having a different view than your doom and gloom. That's a mature position to hold for sure.

Real mature of you to completely misrepresent my post. The last thing I want is for someone who cheered for This nonsense to get hurt by their own ignorance. Just because I say it’s going to happen doesn’t mean I want it to.

Why not simply follow the phase 1 reopen guidelines set by trump? That is what’s a safe re-open looks like, and this isn’t that. Rushing into this is likely going to lead to the bad situation that we have done a very good job of avoiding so far.

I didn't even read past the second sentence. I was trying to be complimentary to Colorado on how they were going about opening things up and you are still living in the past. All you do, and I've read many of your posts, is continue to rant about something and never respond to what is actually being discussed. And I know you are not going to change, so these are the last words, I'm going to spend on you.
Okay, then tell us. What is Colorado doing that's so different that Georgia? Other than restaurants, it looks the same to me. Outside of Denver and Atlanta, both states have a widely dispersed population. The big difference I see is Colorado has a Guv with a D by his name.

I also read the AJC last night,. They cherry picked some obscure restaurants that I've never heard of, but those restaurateurs said they would not open on Monday. My thinking is that few will and even fewer customers will venture out initially. Most places are still going to be sparsely populated until the masses feel comfortable enough to go out. You gotta start somewhere, and Georgia's numbers are relatively good.

My final point is this. The people making these decisions are not in a vacuum. They are being advised by experts, and they are hearing myriad views. They are responsible for their decisions, and they stress the need to continue social distancing and adhering to the guidelines. I've heard exactly nobody say we could go back to the way we were on February 1. In this situation, the experts have been heeded despite the fact that generally they have overstated the situation. I repeat, I am not angry. This is an unprecedented event. They created the model from scratch, and they have (slowly) adjusted in response to facts on the ground. The medicals say testing is important. We've ramped that up significantly and it will continue to significantly increase it. In fact, I just read this AM that home testing kits have been approved by FDA.

If you're looking for perfection, you're never coming out of your hole. By next week we'll be about 8 weeks into this. Our economy is wrecked. Millions of lives have been severely damaged or ruined. The mortality rate is far lower than originally feared it could be. Except for NY, NJ and NOLA, it's time to start getting back to work.

Reactions: Kylo Ren
Real mature of you to completely misrepresent my post. The last thing I want is for someone who cheered for This nonsense to get hurt by their own ignorance. Just because I say it’s going to happen doesn’t mean I want it to.

Why not simply follow the phase 1 reopen guidelines set by trump? That is what’s a safe re-open looks like, and this isn’t that. Rushing into this is likely going to lead to the bad situation that we have done a very good job of avoiding so far.
Yeah I think we all know what you meant. You “hope” that doesn’t happen, sure. You have essentially been guaranteeing death this whole time and you must be frustrated it hasn’t happened.

Explain the logic to me how it will “get bad” by this slow, limited reopening? We didn’t max out the health system before we really know what this was and took steps to mitigate. Given that, how would it be worse when people are taking steps to distance, wearing masks, washing hands, etc. Not to mention a huge percentage won’t go out at all and remain at home.

I don’t see how the conditions are there for a massive flare up. Sure it will flare up as it will any time we reopen but the process needs to be controlled and happen before too long. The doom and gloom seem to want to wait until it’s gone which isn’t feasible and was never the plan.

Yeah I think we all know what you meant. You “hope” that doesn’t happen, sure. You have essentially been guaranteeing death this whole time and you must be frustrated it hasn’t happened.

Explain the logic to me how it will “get bad” by this slow, limited reopening? We didn’t max out the health system before we really know what this was and took steps to mitigate. Given that, how would it be worse when people are taking steps to distance, wearing masks, washing hands, etc. Not to mention a huge percentage won’t go out at all and remain at home.

I don’t see how the conditions are there for a massive flare up. Sure it will flare up as it will any time we reopen but the process needs to be controlled and happen before too long. The doom and gloom seem to want to wait until it’s gone which isn’t feasible and was never the plan.

Now you claim to be a mind reader. Just ignore the words written.

Anyways, I am thrilled we have successfully mitigated Covid so far. Took a lot of work and sacrifice, but you must admit it’s gonna suck if all of that was for naught.

People would be far less concerned if kemp were following phase 1 of the reopening plans, but he can’t even do that right.

Reactions: celticdawg
The numbers are going down. They have been for two weeks.
It's a flat curve folks....

3xl3i8.jpg

LOL...I love the Ignore button!
Seeing that the same old Vent trash is hoping and begging for death, but frustrated that they have been wrong about every single part of this virus.
Nothing about this virus has been anywhere near as bad as predicted. Just like many of us said after the very first data...its the flu, except not as contagious or deadly.

3xl3i8.jpg

That has aggregated numbers from multiple days listed on the 20th. The Georgia Department of Health reported 73 new cases on the 20th. Georgia has has eight successive days of reductions in cases based on GPH’s website and data.

Reactions: George Hayduke
That has aggregated numbers from multiple days listed on the 20th. The Georgia Department of Health reported 73 new cases on the 20th. Georgia has has eight successive days of reductions in cases based on GPH’s website and data.
They must be sprinkling in hundreds of old cases every day. Georgia hasn't been under one hundred since March 22nd.

If you want to stay home, stay home.
If you want to wear a mask, wear a mask.
If you want to avoid large crowds, avoid large crowds.

I am not required to descend into poverty for you.
I am not required to abstain from human contact for you.
I am not required to shop alone, without my kids, for you.

I refuse to participate in "quarantine life" until there's an unsafe, untested vaccine released in eighteen months. I refuse to receive said vaccine to make others feel more safe. I won't set myself--or my children--on fire to keep you warm. If you're convinced the vaccine is safe and effective, you can get it yourself.

Some of you are allowing fear and policies devoid of scientifically accurate data to destroy America and ruin your life. I can't control your self-destructive behaviors, but we all have a say in America.

We need to tell legislators that we demand options. We have a constitutional right to take risks. Life is full of bacteria and viruses--many of which spread before symptoms manifest and after they subside. We have a right to receive OR refuse vaccines.

The data was inaccurate at best; purposely overblown to justify government overreach at worst. Stop allowing the government to destroy:
The Food Supply
Small Businesses
Medical Autonomy
Access to Healthcare
Religious Gatherings
Privacy Rights
Fellowship

When the "new normal" is filled with starvation, depression, suicide, imprisonment, governmental spying, and pure DESPERATION, the virus is going to look preferable to the world you helped facilitate.

Copied and pasted from elsewhere. I take no credit.

"This is the flu, except less contagious and deadly"

Way more contagious and way more deadly. You are not a thinking person to reach those conclusions.

Reactions: Tulsa A. Dawg
"This is the flu, except less contagious and deadly"

Way more contagious and way more deadly. You are not a thinking person to reach those conclusions.
Data and facts gave me that conclusion. There are less cases, hospitalizations and less deaths than flu.

They must be sprinkling in hundreds of old cases every day. Georgia hasn't been under one hundred since March 22nd.

I get what you’re saying - but I think that best source of data is the state’s individual health departments and not some amalgamation data website. I will say they seem to still be adjusting the last seven days as right now the 20th shows 96 new cases instead of the 73 I posted it showed earlier, but nonetheless there is still a 7 day decline based on DPH.

DPH shows a seven day trend decrease. You can view it yourself a www.dph.ga.gov and draw your own conclusions.

They are still receiving results of tests from early April as they clear the backlog of tests. So our number of cases will go up the day the result is received. But when entered into the database, those cases are counted on the day the test was taken. Here's an article that explains it a little better than I did (and yes I know many people don't like the author but he explains this well).

https://theresurgent.com/2020/04/21...Lm3dFcDUvbZ_zjeXmbxYhrLxnJ2ZrtJP_Y65frx0e9Fjk

WRONG, totally, totally wrong.

Do you know the industry employs 5+% of the US workforce?
That the industry makes up 7-8% of the US GDP?
Are you aware the US was exporting oil because of our huge supply due to fracking?
That the US was energy independent?

How is that going to be good for the economy as you enjoy your .99/gallon gas remember that if oil is under $30 a barrel it is unprofitable to drill for it in the US and we will end up dependent on OPEC/Russia/Oil Oligarchs.
High/low oil prices is supply and demand driven and usually short lived..

Oh an electric vehicles are poof if gas is cheap!
I've read the American Petroleum Institute stuff before but that doesn't alter the reality of today's world situation. Cheaper oil pricing will mean the consumer will have more disposable dollars in their pockets from paying less for gasoline. Those dollars will be spent on other things that will in turn grow the economy. Industries that rely on oil (airlines, railroads, shipping, etc) will reduce their overhead and generate higher revenues, profits, and taxes. Oil has been a declining natural resource for decades and the US has kicked that can down the road for years trying the postpone the inevitable. Fracking and shale production were built upon a house of cards propped up by hedge funds trading inflated oil futures and Opec+ control of the world market. US fracking / shale production were based those inflated barrel prices and was unsustainable. When the Saudi's opened the spigot several years ago to recapture oil market share and force out higher cost production it spelled doom for uncompetitive US oil production. I'm sympathetic to anyone who loses a job or is forced to change a career... been there more than once... but change is long the reality of our economy. To be blunt, capitalism isn't without pain. Never has been.

PS_When barrel prices rise enough to make US producers profitable oil production will start again.

Oil collapsing is the very last thing anyone needs to be concerned with. Low oil prices are great for the consumer / fuel intensive industries and will help with an economic rebound not hinder it. Besides, oil falling a long way was going to happen anyway once Russia and Saudis failed to agree on sizable OPEC+ production cuts as there was already a glut. The oil companies didn't give one damn about the consumer when it was $100 / BBL and would raise pump prices the instant oil move higher in pricing. They NEVER move down as fast. Never. I have zero sympathy for the bastes. The quicker we all move to electric vehicles the better.

the American people as a whole should not give two f$@cks if every single oil job was lost. Oil jobs are something minuscule like 150,000 of the entire workforce. To even think about them as an important component of the economy is ridiculous. Of course, the capital and ownership of oil does add up to a lot, but it’s generally concentrated in the hands of a small percentage of the population who are owed absolutely nothing in terms of a safety net. That is how capitalism works.

of course, almost every American consumer and business uses gas and gasoline for a lot of things in their lives and benefit from lower prices. The fact that we would try to create policyl that benefits anyone in the oil industry is the height of stupidity. The Only scenario is a tariff that Americans pay when oil falls below threshold levels that could be used to fund renewable sources for the future. Anything else reflects corruption or stupidity.

3xl3i8.jpg
It was always about protecting hospitals. It was never about lowering numbers. In fact, we were specifically told the overall numbers would not be lessened, but mitigation would lengthen the event. The hospital threatening numbers never materialized outside of a few in NY. Even CA is fine. Now, it’s just a money grab and, as an added benefit for Dems, a final shot to somehow blame Orange Man before the election.

the American people as a whole should not give two f$@cks if every single oil job was lost. Oil jobs are something minuscule like 150,000 of the entire workforce. To even think about them as an important component of the economy is ridiculous. Of course, the capital and ownership of oil does add up to a lot, but it’s generally concentrated in the hands of a small percentage of the population who are owed absolutely nothing in terms of a safety net. That is how capitalism works.

of course, almost every American consumer and business uses gas and gasoline for a lot of things in their lives and benefit from lower prices. The fact that we would try to create policyl that benefits anyone in the oil industry is the height of stupidity. The Only scenario is a tariff that Americans pay when oil falls below threshold levels that could be used to fund renewable sources for the future. Anything else reflects corruption or stupidity.
To be fair, actual oil & gas exploration / production employs approximately 750k workers. The American Petroleum Institute data includes any person or business even remotely touched by oil. I’m not making light of anyone’s economic pain but that is the reality at times of a diminishing bid v ask commodity in a capitalistic system. Fracking and shale production were unsustainable business models from their beginning and assuming the Saudi’s would permit erosion of their revenues was grossly foolhardy. Reality has now set in.

150000 jobs? More like 9 million.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT