ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Note Georgia trending for multiple DB targets

Ben Bachmann

Choppy
Staff
Sep 19, 2018

Georgia has a recent decommitment from 4 star CB Daniel Harris recently. Penn State appeared to be a lock to gain his commitment. Now it’s looking like the former Georgia commit will end up back on the commit list on signing day. I flipped my futurecast back to Georgia for Daniel Harris. Fran Brown has done a great job here.

Another DB I put in a futurecast to Georgia is nations number 1 2024 safety Peyton Woodyard. Blayne brought it up in his earlier notes and a commitment in the next month is possible. Georgia has a big lead here with Notre Dame likely the biggest competition.

I put in a futurecast many months ago for Georgia to land 2024 CB Ellis Robinson and like where it sits. A source told me a week after the Fran Brown hire, “If Fran Brown is at Georgia that’s where he’s gonna go.” The relationship has grown further with others like Will Muschamp and Kirby Smart as well. Alabama is the only team with any chance at all to challenge Georgia here.

Two prospects Georgia leads for are 4 star S Jaylen Heyward and 4 star ATH KJ Bolden. I have yet to place a futurecast due to the amount of time left in both guys recruitments. Bolden could play S or WR with the growing belief he ends up at DB. The recent visit Bolden took for the Tennessee game has helped Georgia grow its lead. Clemson and Ohio State appear to be the biggest competitions for Bolden. Georgia has a lead for Heyward as well and will receive a visit soon. Georgia will have an interesting decision to make potentially on Heyward. Do they take 2 safetys? Do they take all 3? Do they put KJ at WR if they landed all 3? Time will tell.

Two other 2024 DBs to monitor are the nations number 1 CB Charles Lester and number 12 CB Marcelles Williams. Georgia and Alabama appear to be the two teams on top for Lester in the early stages. As for Williams the recent Georgia offer was a big one and he is teammates with Peyton Woodyard. Williams is in the very early stages of his recruitment but Georgia should be in the mix with in state USC and others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News