ADVERTISEMENT

Good hotel in downtown Chattanooga? Heading up next month for

ugad13

Letterman and National Champion
Apr 7, 2004
A concert with just the wifey... In laws watching the kids! Looking at the chattanoogan and the chatt coo coo (concert is at track 29). Or should I just go main stream with downtown Marriott?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

have stayed at chattanoogan and enjoyed...there is a "bus" that

is clean, free, and will take you downtown if that is what you are looking for.

All the hotels downtown are good, but the Choo Choo is....

Literally right next to Track 29 and the train rooms are cool......

I just bought Southeastern somebody on here recommended

Sucks compared to most of his songs on Pandora.

But it isn't "downtown"

The Choo Choo is probably a mile from the aquarium/bridge, etc

Strongly disagree. By far his best work...I'd give it another listen**

I'll try it again. Didn't impress me very much but I will give it another

chance. Was sorta distracted and the damn thing was over before I knew it.

Great album. Not as "rock" as some old stuff but the songs are

Great. His working with Dave Cobb on his new record right now. Cobb worked with Sturgill so it should be pretty damn good.

Thanks the the hotels ideas everyone. 1 mile isn't bad. Just looking for a place that I won't get shot/stabbed/mugged...

Haven't been up there in years. Looks like I need to check out North Shore too

Tour the VW plant and praise the bubbas working there for showing

the union the door. Buy a Passat. Eff unions and the POTUS.

that is all

We have stayed at the Chat Choo Choo in a regular room...

...although the train car rooms looked pretty cool I really just wanted a room. I think you would enjoy either, the restaurant on sight has singing waiters/waitresses and it is pretty cool to see your waiter head up on the stage and sing a number.
The free bus is very timely and will take you pretty much anywhere you might want to go downtown.

We stayed Choo Choo last year for Isbell . . .

. . . and I'll be at the show next month as well.

We live here but had never stayed in the train cars at the Choo Choo. Did so for Isbell's show last may at Track 29 and thoroughly enjoyed it. The train rooms are cool, not super nice but more than adequate. You're also only a block from the best restaurant in town, St. Johns.

I'd highly recommend staying there. Much better experience than staying in a regular room and you have incredible food and the concert a very short walk away.

Thanks y'all. Booked the chattanoogan. Called and had them match

The Hotwire price (only 4 star downtown easy to tell which hotel it is). Went for a different vibe than "historic" b/c the wife is deathly afraid of antiques... One good thing about her is she'll never say, "honey, you want to go antiquing this weekend?"

North shore was pretty cool. A couple of places over that way that I could spend some time in. For the record last time I went I stayed at the reed house and it was enjoyable. Breakfast place by the days inn nearby was one of the most depressing and worst breakfasts I've ever had. When's isbell playing?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT