ADVERTISEMENT

Good Morning Dawg Nation

LadyADawg

Confetti Queen
Nov 14, 2016
South Georgia
Devastating.

Only word to describe yesterday.
I never can seem to find the right words in times like these. Are there "right words"? I don't even know. I've always felt like words weren't enough. Nothing I could say would ease the pain, make it better or help in any way, but here goes....

Devin and Chandler were too young and from all accounts, just bright shining souls in this world. It just doesn't seem fair.....and it isnt.....it never is in times like these. A parent's worst nightmare. A friend's unimaginable loss. But as @LesDawg said last night, He doesn't make mistakes. So often it seems the brightest stars are taken early. Like so many others, I've seen plenty of tragedy in my 51 years. Lost the love of my life in a 1991 car accident and hearing things like this just bring those floods of emotions back to light.

But, I can also attest to the power of prayer and/or support from loved ones and community, to see those families, whether blood or not, through these days and weeks ahead. We can all be a little more Devin and a little more Chandler. We can be more gracious when it's not required. We can smile at a stranger we don't know. We can be forgiving when it's not expected. We can love one another even if we don't agree all the time.

I had someone question why I was so affected by this yesterday..... I couldn't really answer them at the time, but I think it's for a couple reasons.
One.... Devin and Chandler are our sons and daughters... young, free, their entire lives were in front of them....just celebrating a major accomplishment and *blink*....gone.
Two..... Devin and Chandler were all of us. They absolutely loved UGA and everything about The University and the Dawgs. Willock "wasn't leaving until they made him". That dedication reminds me of all of us. These two contributed immensely to the success of the team we all love so much. DGDs 4EVER.

Rest in Peace Mr Willock and Miss LeCroy. ❤️🙏🏻

I talked to Noah's mom yesterday and this team is hurting. These coaches are hurting. All of them. That alone breaks my heart. Please continue to lift them up in prayer, send good vibes, do whatever you personally believe in to support them in some way.

Thank you all for being here with me each day and allowing me to greet you every morning. This truly is a family and I hope and pray we all can come together in support of each other and the team that we love so much.

Love you guys and gals, MEAN IT......

Go Dawgs ❤️

April

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News