ADVERTISEMENT

Gump tears from the Rose Bowl....

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
"If McLaughlin has a career in professional sports, it's on the PBA tour" Gump: Low snap plus bad play call. Is there a centwr in the portal we can get?

"We knew we weren't better than Georgia" Gump: Overachieved,, IMO. Accept the great season and move on.

"Can't believe a team is gonna win a national title that cheated. The Bear would roll over in his grave if he knew." Gump:
completely choked the last 4 minutes on.

Feels like Michigan is never going to pay for what they’ve done (NOT saying they cheated tonight).

Fire Pete....I mean Kevin! Gump: Defense blew this game! We had at won and they allowed them to drive 75 yd to score a touchdown.

Fire BOB...I mean Rees! Gump: Run to the outside and he probably walks in. They had everyone stacked up the middle. I can’t believe that is what they came up with after 2 TOs. UM stuffed the middle all night.

A year away for three consecutive seasons Gump: It always seemed like we were a year away. Proud of the way we fought but it is a game of just a play or two when you play at this level.

Bama 306 yards vs. UGA, Bama 288 yards vs. UM Gump: If our offense had played like they did vs UGA we'd have won easily. But we didn't

"It's midnight, Cinderella" Gump: Great season. Fundamentally flawed team. You just can't make the mistakes we did all year and continue to overcome them.

Shorter Gump: "We all knew this was a crap team by Bammer standards":
Sure we`re disappointed, but after weeks 2&3, who can honestly say that they expected a conference championship and a playoff birth? I damn sure didn`t and admit it.

"We are who we thought we were" Denny Green Gump: Ultimately, we ended the season like we started, except for the penalties. We overachieved, but we have major issues to work on over the offseason.

"Chocolate and peanut butter? Not a good mix" Gump:
Reese play calling ability sucks.

"Milroe for Heis....to the portal!!!..to the portal!!!! Gump: Real talk. Do we want Jalen as the guy next year? Can he improve? I love 22 and 36...RB future is bright. I just don't know what I think of the Jalen era. Kid is so inconsistent with plays and in some cases...effort. That run in the first half hurt bad. Was he in pain? He kind of slowed down on a few runs. Oline needs an upgrade too.

Truth serum Gump: I still think UGA is the best team in the country.

Can't handle the truth Gump:Georgia Not better than Bama- proven on the field. You have no evidence to support this position

Truth serum II Gump: I agree with him. UGA trashes this UM team.

"Oh, and we should've been in the playoff last year because we lost on the last play of the game and that don't count" Gump: You go with make believe football and I’ll stick with what actually happened on the field.

Truth serum III Gump:

Also agree on UGA vs. UM. Georgia would be looking at a 3 peat if not for Alabama.

The end of an era Gump:
And with that - the dynasty is over.

We may win another but it's not part of the cluster.

Anorexia Gump: JM needs to lose weight .. he is stationary with no escapabilty during sacks. his sideline speed is very slow

Saban to the portal Gump: It's no longer about building and developing; it's about assembling and Saban's not an assembler. He's the GOAT and I'm so thankful for what he's done for Bama, but I think it's time.

Stat Gump:
Penix 29-38 430 yards 2 TD 0 INT 3 carries 31yds 10yd average

Ewers 24-43 318 yards 1 TD 0 INT 8 carries 54yds 7yd average

McCarthy 17-27 221 yards 3 TD 0 INT 3 carries 25yds 8yd average

Milroe 16-23 116 yards 0 TD 0 INT 21 carries 63yds 3yd average 1 fumble

"Milroe was the worst choice" Gump: Frankly, I thought Ty should have had the nod and just let him develop and get some experience. Would we have made it to the championship game? Maybe not but we would be primed for next year. Now we have to start all over again. Ty has a higher ceiling. If not Ty, we have an abundance of talent at the QB position. Now I am concerned that Nick has this sense of loyalty and will not make the call for a change. It took being on the brink of losing in the championship game to move to Tua.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News