ADVERTISEMENT

HE HAS RISEN, HE HAS RISEN INDEED

banjodawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2001
Firstly I am not officially starting off things this morning, but have to get to Church early to help with men's breakfast preparation, then praise band practice, and the service itself.

Happy Easter everyone! He has risen: He has risen Indeed!

He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee, Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
Luke 24:6-7

Everyone enjoy Easter Sunday with family and friends and God Bless you all. Prayers for all those on Lump's list, for Israel, for the Ukraine and everyone facing life and health issues.. God hear our prayers. God bless and protect America.

Banjo

Firstly I am not officially starting off things this morning, but have to get to Church early to help with men's breakfast preparation, then praise band practice, and the service itself.

He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee, Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.

Everyone enjoy Easter Sunday with family and friends and God Bless you all. Prayers for all those on Lump's list, for Israel, for the Ukraine and everyone facing life and health issues.. God hear our prayers. God bless and protect America.

Banjo
Amen!!

BanjoDawg…Happy Easter to you and the other Dawgs on here. An amazing day for followers of Christ.

My verse of the day is the beginning of this day so long ago…
”But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they went to the tomb, taking the spices they had prepared. but when they went in they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were perplexed about this, behold, two men stood by them in dazzling apparel. And as they were frightened and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but has risen. Remember how he told you, while he was still in Galilee, that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men and be crucified and on the third day rise.” And they remembered his words, and returning from the tomb they told all these things to the eleven and to all the rest. Now it was Mary Magdalene and Joanna and Mary the mother of James and the other women with them who told these things to the apostles, but these words seemed to them an idle tale, and they did not believe them. But Peter rose and ran to the tomb; stooping and looking in, he saw the linen cloths by themselves; and he went home marveling at what had happened.“. ‭‭Luke‬ ‭24‬:‭1‬, ‭3‬-‭12‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Happy Easter everyone!!

Jey

BanjoDawg…Happy Easter to you and the other Dawgs on here. An amazing day for followers of Christ.

My verse of the day is the beginning of this day so long ago…
”But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they went to the tomb, taking the spices they had prepared. but when they went in they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were perplexed about this, behold, two men stood by them in dazzling apparel. And as they were frightened and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but has risen. Remember how he told you, while he was still in Galilee, that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men and be crucified and on the third day rise.” And they remembered his words, and returning from the tomb they told all these things to the eleven and to all the rest. Now it was Mary Magdalene and Joanna and Mary the mother of James and the other women with them who told these things to the apostles, but these words seemed to them an idle tale, and they did not believe them. But Peter rose and ran to the tomb; stooping and looking in, he saw the linen cloths by themselves; and he went home marveling at what had happened.“. ‭‭Luke‬ ‭24‬:‭1‬, ‭3‬-‭12‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Happy Easter everyone!!

Jey
Great post Jey! God Bless
Banjo

Banjo
He is risen indeed!

Am

Banjo
e

Banjo
He has risen Indeed!

Banjo
Yes, I believe he was with me throughout the day yesterday, as I spent most of the day in the ER. Now it's time to go and give him thanks this morning.

Praise God for his mercy, love, and grace. God sacrificed his only begotten son so that we could be declared sin free. Jesus died and rose from the grave so that we could have eternal life with the father. A love like no other. Thank you father.

Banjo
GOD bless you for posting this

Banjo
Why doesn't he keep shit from happening in the first place. then we don't have to pray to fix them? Seems like a waste of time.

Reactions: cadwdawg

Banjo
Amen Brother! Happy Easter/resurrection day

Banjo
Happy Easter!

Reactions: banjodawg
Why doesn't he keep shit from happening in the first place. then we don't have to pray to fix them? Seems like a waste of time.
Because you need to ingest all that happened in the first testament which you have more than likely not been exposed to nor explored on your own. Without having understood all that happened prior to Yeshua is(forgive my simplistic equivalency) like watching the first and last 20 mins of game of thrones or Lord of the rings and claiming to grasp what the hell just happened.

The entirety of the first testament speaks to Moshiach's arrival. The story of Yosef is a precursor to his suffering at the hands of his own brothers. In fact, it is Jewish thought that developed the concepts of Moshiach Ben Yosef(suffering servant) and Moshiach Ben David(Warrior King).

Yeshua's first arrival was clearly Moshiach Ben Yosef. Why did his own brothers reject him? The father said they would, long before his arrival. He was not pleasing to look upon. It is written that he was very sickly, and crushed by the father for all his people had done. If you want to understand what they had done, the text is waiting on you to go find out.

Don't let someone else regurgitate it on you and make things up. You are commanded to go. find. out. You are plenty intelligent enough to pick up the Bible and begin reading Torah(first 5 books). Then read them again, make notes. Research. Explore. Then read the prophets, your mind may explode, many times. Then move into Psalms and the words of David's son and see how it all layers on and repeats itself and events. Use your G-d given intellect to see the layers and the obvious enlightenment. Don't let others do this for you, that is not fruitful. He is waiting on you.

If you want the text summed up in a lazy way in it's absolute entirety, I give you the words of Shlomo.

"13 Here is the final conclusion, now that you have heard everything: fear God, and keep his mitzvot; this is what being human is all about."

If you want to further discuss, just shoot me a PM. You'll get no BS from me. I'm an explorer, a disruption. As Yeshua said, he did not come to bring peace but a sword. He was no hippy. He came to turn father against son and mother against daughter. He came to disrupt.

Your job is to find out why. He isn't a vending machine. He is the eternal. He is Echad.

Last edited:
Every Christian and Non- Christian have asked “why” since the beginning of time. We believe because He is sovereign, not because we expect positive outcomes. We don’t escape this world without betrayal, hurt, loss, or heartache. And you’re right, some things just don’t make sense. I struggle daily with depression, ask God why me for 50 years, and often there is silence. However, I know that I know that He loves me and you and allows pain to grow us and draw us closer to Him. Today, I wish you peace and hope, for those are two things the world needs more than ever before.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT