ADVERTISEMENT

He said "colored"....

It’s so silly and stupid. Like African American these people are American just like every other citizen of our country. Why should they have special identification such as this?
My Italian American relatives would take issue with that.

Reactions: woofn
Perhaps, still I’d venture that 99% of the use of the word racist or racism is not even an accurate use of the word. making it even harder to define whether it’s hypocritical or not.

Ok....then the hypocrisy of prejudice/bigotry/stereotypes/racial offense astounds me.

Are they Italian?
Americans with Italian heritage/lineage. If you asked them, they are Italian Americans. Doesn’t make them any less American. Just a nod to their heritage. Only point is nobody has ever felt compelled to tell them to drop the word Italian.

You do know that Elon Musk is African American? I have some South African Jews who came to the US decades (or longer) ago. They are African Americans too.
Makes sense to me. Considering many Americans are only a few generations removed from other places, it doesn’t lessen their American-ness to me to have a pride of heritage from another country or continent. I assure you that when we were fighting the Italians in WWII that my great-uncle was shooting for team USA, irrespective of heritage. And, yes they speak English, pledge to our flag, etc. Just maybe get a little more animated about pasta and sauce than others.

"A St. Louis TV station apologized after facing backlash for describing minority homeowners as "colored" during a broadcast."

Is that an offensive word IYO??

https://www.yahoo.com/news/st-louis-news-station-apologizes-183951152.html

National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) - The irony of it all, but WTFDIK....
Well at least them “people of color” (which means they colored) ain’t homeless. Oh, I mean “unhoused.” Are they gentrified or victims of “gentrification” (which means everyone in their neighborhood fixed up their houses except them)?

Alright, alright, alright! As a payment of reparations and gesture of good of will, all people of color get a free ticket to Six Flags!

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Well at least them “people of color” (which means they colored) ain’t homeless. Oh, I mean “unhoused.” Are they gentrified or victims of “gentrification” (which means everyone in their neighborhood fixed up their houses except them)?

Alright, alright, alright! As a payment of reparations and gesture of good of will, all people of color get a free ticket to Six Flags!
You really do not hear that anymore (colored)…or at least I do not.

But when I did hear it, I would always axe without fail….what color are they? I either got a laugh or a very puzzled look.

And remember - there are no longer any ex-cons. They are "formerly incarcerated persons".

People of color = acceptable
Colored people = unacceptable

Exhibit A of the irony and hypocrisy I was talking about earlier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT