ADVERTISEMENT

******Hello from Butts-Mehre.....What we learned*******

Anthony Dasher

Circle of Honor
Staff
Aug 29, 2007
Winterville, Georgia
All right, back from downstairs.

First of all, it was a lot more comfortable than yesterday, overcast and a little breeze.
Probably the biggest thing I noticed today was that Terry Godwin was already getting reps with the second unit during drills.
No real surprise there as we've expected Terry to make an impact and it seems he may be on his way
Otherwise, we weren't on the field very long. They cut our time from three periods to two so I had to walk a little faster to catch as much as I could.
As far as the quarterbacks go, true to Mark Richt's word, he's continuing to rotate the QBs and today it was Brice Ramsey going with the first group, Faton Bauta with the second and Greyson Lambert with the third. Although we did not get to see practice yesterday, you can assume that Lambert took his turn with the first unit.
There's still a lot of teaching going on. Watched grad assistant George Helow really give some lessons to the safeties he's charged to working with.
In regards to Coach Richt, while he spend much of the two periods watching the quarterbacks, he did spend time time over with the inside linebackers. Speaking of the inside linebackers, always fun to watch Coach Ekeler go at it.
Saw Jeb Blazevich run a couple of nice precise routes, followed by Jay Rome and Jordan Davis, who received a few "atta-boys" as well. Jackson Harris is running fourth, but looks impressive to me. Reminds me of a young Artie Lynch.
Didn't see Isaiah McKenzie (hearing possible hamstring) but will check on him Saturday.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News