ADVERTISEMENT

Here is what the new board will look like

wooly_bugger

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Feb 13, 2003
I'm sure we will get red colors instead of blue but it looks like you will spend all your time scrolling...The beauty of our current format is the tailored and simple use and look. No option for thread view so get used to reading the same topics over and over and over. Get ready to see Ole country and the liberal board idiots clog up the whole board everyday with endless mutterings.

Ugh

This sums it up.....

kim_jong_il_dream01.jpg

Change is not always good. The chat has the best format of any board.

I don't want to see everybody's post on a subject.

You just blew my mind. I was trying to set that in my sig earlier today

but couldn't make it go. I am shame.

This post was edited on 4/16 10:50 AM by Deathdawg

Well, it had to die at some point - my subscription dies ..

the day they do this. It's free here anyway. I paid them because I didn't want to be a freeloader. I hardly read the articles or the other boards. I'm not going to pay them for topic view chat.

It is mine - I loathe topic view - not going to be worth it anymore *

s

it's a great way to choke off dissent. Make it difficult to "broadcast"

Ideas.

Most people won't bother clicking on a Topic post on the off chance that it might be interesting.
You can get the gist of things with Thread view.

Topic view is just more control and containment. I'm not going to bother, and will definitely cancel my paid sub if they end thread view. Just like you, I just didn't want to be a freeloader. No need anymore.

It was a good run. All good things must be killed. It must be human nature.

That focking SUCKS...Beauty of threadview is that you don't have to open

every damn post.

Ridiculous.

Just gone walk away.

Preach it - they don't care, but they won't get a penny more from me *

f

I think they are pretty happy to get rid of CHATs for about 50 reasons

Topic view will likely kill it off.

Concur...The only reason the other boards that split away from the Chat

haven't taken off, imo, is lack of threadview.

If Hair Of The Dawg, Crown Room, Sidewalk, etc. had threadview, they wood have a TON more traffic.

Chats has just always been easier to read.

Dammit.

Re: I think they are pretty happy to get rid of CHATs for about 50 reasons

Originally posted by JohnnyBeeDawg:
Topic view will likely kill it off.
The Chat is going nowhere....Nobody at UGASports is looking to get rid of the Chat, nobody ever has...I certainly havent and don't. I actually enjoy it....The board is not going anywhere, it's just going to be a different format........I just ask you give the new boards a chance..going to be MUCH easier to post pics and link, there will be private messaging, ability to follow your favorite posters and ignore the ones you don't......If there was a way to keep thread, we would, but I'll be honest, The Chat was the last board in the Rivals network that used thread as its default.

This post was edited on 4/16 11:03 AM by Anthony Dasher

This post was edited on 4/16 11:04 AM by Anthony Dasher

Yup...Like you, I pay a subscription, but rarely read an article and NEVER

post on the Stud Vent.

I ain't gonna pay for a POS PITA Chat.

Foresee a phone call to Rivals in my future.

Whether you wanted to kill it or not, you did ...

nobody here cares about private messaging and twitter feeds, I already find it easy to ignore posters (the novel concept of just not reading their posts), I don't need to follow my favorite posters (thread view makes that simple anyway), it doesn't look like any of our pic posters have any problems posting pics, and who in the Hell here would want their posts saved in a history that anyone is able to view forever. That alone is enough reason to quit the place. But y'all will do fine without the chat, because I guarantee you you killed it.

Re: Whether you wanted to kill it or not, you did ...

Originally posted by _Keef_:
nobody here cares about private messaging and twitter feeds, I already find it easy to ignore posters (the novel concept of just not reading their posts), I don't need to follow my favorite posters (thread view makes that simple anyway), it doesn't look like any of our pic posters have any problems posting pics, and who in the Hell here would want their posts saved in a history that anyone is able to view forever. That alone is enough reason to quit the place. But y'all will do fine without the chat, because I guarantee you you killed it.
I'm sorry you feel that way Keef, I honestly am...but like I said, the Chat is not going anywhere.

Will give it a chance, but I have tried Topic several times and rejected it

It's an inferior format, IMO.
But if the owners of the company like it, that's what's really important.

You're a good dude and I appreciate everything you've done for us.

I'm just a relic from the past anyway. Advertisers don't GAS about guys like me because they know I don't buy many things except for food and alcohol and cars and investments and furniture and appliances. The people who spend $10,000 per month on the REAL shopping and services ain't wasting their days on DOS 3.0 message boards where washed up old men talk about football, titties, politics, music, and BBQ like I do.

I have to go buy a couch now.

Concur...But, lest we forget, some folks thought THIS was a good idea too:

Hey, it's y'all's business to do with how you will ...

I can vote with my next subscription payment and I will, but I know it won't matter and I don't wish your site any ill will. You just killed something I really enjoyed, that's all. I just can't do that topic or hybrid crap. But like I said, it is yours to kill.

Re: Hey, it's y'all's business to do with how you will ...

Originally posted by _Keef_:
I can vote with my next subscription payment and I will, but I know it won't matter and I don't wish your site any ill will. You just killed something I really enjoyed, that's all. I just can't do that topic or hybrid crap. But like I said, it is yours to kill.
Good luck to you....No ill will here...I understand folks may leave because they don't like the format, and I hate that, but the Chat itself - the message board - will still be here as always.

This post was edited on 4/16 11:35 AM by Anthony Dasher

LOL ...

That's about the truth. Plus, what you said in that fever swamp text a few minutes ago. But it was informed fever swamp.
wink.r191677.gif

Gonna miss the chat fever swamp of ideas. I really liked it. Lot of good folks here who felt free to be real honest. We probably shouldn't be so honest on the internet anyway. This sure isn't a company line place. We may be old washed up has-beens, but a lot of rebels here, too. My kind of rebels, whether I agree with every single thing or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT