ADVERTISEMENT

Hey, Georgia folks

ottumwan in tx

National Champion
Oct 25, 2002
I'm from Iowa, doing research for maybe a book. My buddy, in the 1980's, did prison time in Georgia. I used to get letters from him from Albany Georgia, so I doubt he faked it. well, now I cannot find any public record of him ever even being in Georgia. No court records, nothing. On the webs. What's the procedure for finding out the facts, here? Thanks in advance.

I'm from Iowa, doing research for maybe a book. My buddy, in the 1980's, did prison time in Georgia. I used to get letters from him from Albany Georgia, so I doubt he faked it. well, now I cannot find any public record of him ever even being in Georgia. No court records, nothing. On the webs. What's the procedure for finding out the facts, here? Thanks in advance.

There are a couple of posters here that are the smartest people in the world. I am sure they will step up and solve this for you.

They have solved everything else for us........

There's no state prison in Albany. I grew up there.

Perhaps your friend was just up the road at Andersonville...
maybe, is that the one I saw on Albany rd? Look, something isn't adding up. I doubt he was in county lock up because he was in there like two years at least, maybe closer to three. And, I think he got college credits possibly while in GA.

Bout the only time federal inmates are in county jail is they bout to be release to a halfway house or they getting ready for court appearance . They don't spend a lot of time in county lock up .

They don't spend years there : they may spend six months there ; maybe a year . I also highly doubt they will give you much information about him .

However you can call U.S probation office and see if they can tell you anything or do a inmate search .

maybe, is that the one I saw on Albany rd? Look, something isn't adding up. I doubt he was in county lock up because he was in there like two years at least, maybe closer to three. And, I think he got college credits possibly while in GA.

Nah, it's a few miles outside of town. Older place...

You can do an inmate search online for both past and current inmates on the Georgia Department of Corrections website under "Find an Offender"

You can do an inmate search online for both past and current inmates on the Georgia Department of Corrections website under "Find an Offender"
I saw that , done it in the past with no results but need to try again. Said something about "results delivered electronically", wonder if they are now e-mailing results? I really have typed in his name in the search before and nothing.

Here is the deal: I'm not really trying to see if he did jail time, I know he did, I'd really rather figure out what his crime was and what he was convicted of. He's dead now, but there ought to be public record of it. But I was hoping the list of inmates included the crimes they were convicted of. Possibly if it was fed it is not for public consumption or something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT