ADVERTISEMENT

How about some opinions . . .

Hwy11 dog

War Daddy
Jun 12, 2004
. . .

If I asked you for one specific improvement or change NOT involving who is coaching and who is playing what would it be - you can only pick one, can't be what individuals play or what individual coaches. Some skill, strategy, technique, play etc., that manifests itself on the court. Then tell why. You don't have to original - you can choose one someone else chose; it's not a competition. Course I'm not the self appointed posting police, though I'm sure they are lurking, so say what you want.

I don't mind going first, my usual pet peeve for goin' on 12 FEAKIN' YEARS.

Catch, gather and pass the ball with two hands. Why: you can't do anything with the ball when you catch it until you put two hands on it so you risk losing control and gain nothing - it in fact gives the defense time to recover. With some JJ like exceptions, if you pass with one hand you telegraph the pass and all five defenders have time to react and position themselves for the next play, the defense knows you aren't pass faking - never mind the whole accuracy thing. Rebounds or loose balls - grab it with two hands. Your playing against physical monsters and the physical play permitted is ridiculous. Grab the ball with two hands.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News