ADVERTISEMENT

How does one view Monken/Stetson through the lens of Joe Brady/Joe Burrow?

FootballDawgFan

War Daddy
Silver Member
Sep 9, 2001
As we go through the possibility of losing Monken is he getting too much of the credit?

Let’s examine Joe Brady. Everyone’s darling from 2019. He damn near parlayed that coaching job, Broyles award winning campaign, into an NFL HC job. You had people crowning him as the best young mind in football. Sure people thought Joe Burrow was good, but let’s not have revisionist history on this. There were many many people who thought 2019 LSU was more Brady than Burrow. Four years later I don’t think you would find anyone who thinks Brady was more important than Burrow.

Sure Burrow was the first pick in the draft so he is definitely a more advanced prospect than Stetson, but are we devaluing the player that Stetson is/was.

Admittedly, I thought 2021 was the best coaching job in NCAA history. Taking a former walk-on to national championship winning QB. But, as I sit here today, I am starting to lean more on it being about Stetson than I am Monken. While it’s true we haven’t won a national title without Monken, the same can be said for Stetson.

Just interesting thought I had today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News