ADVERTISEMENT

How many of you have not had Covid? And what did you do you to self protect?

Please keep the politics out, this is something that might help us all with future problems, especially those who live in cities.

In my mid 60's back in March 2020 I started a regimen of D-3, Vit C, Mag, and Zinc. Never took supplements before. Walking every day and doing some weight bearing work and not milling about. Eat good, generally low carb and meat/vegeatbles. Have some health issues but but have never gotten the Covid. Probably exposed to it a multitude, but have nothing more a nose run in 2+ years. Tested for the antibodies in July 2020, neg, haven't been bothered since.

Is it helpful to have the non infected post as to what they did or is this just a game of chance?
I’m 39, vaxed and boosted. Stopped being cautious and just went back to living my life at some point.

Was in New Orleans over Christmas and went to the Saints-Dolphins game on MNF. Later that week I was in Miami for the Orange, then I went to Indy for the natty.

I assumed I would get it at some point through all of that but to my knowledge I never did.

A little over a month ago I didn’t feel great and woke up at 4 am one morning drenched in sweat. Didn’t feel great for a couple days but whatever was going on went away. To my knowledge I’ve never had it.

Please keep the politics out, this is something that might help us all with future problems, especially those who live in cities.

In my mid 60's back in March 2020 I started a regimen of D-3, Vit C, Mag, and Zinc. Never took supplements before. Walking every day and doing some weight bearing work and not milling about. Eat good, generally low carb and meat/vegeatbles. Have some health issues but but have never gotten the Covid. Probably exposed to it a multitude, but have nothing more a nose run in 2+ years. Tested for the antibodies in July 2020, neg, haven't been bothered since.

Is it helpful to have the non infected post as to what they did or is this just a game of chance?

Paw raised.

I work from home exclusively, which helps a lot. I did get all the vaccines when available just because I thought it best at the time.

That said, my wife is a 1st grade teacher that has an immune system that is unimaginable and only had 1 mild bout with it despite teaching maskless kids daily through the peaks of the outbreak. Also, my daughter worked at an urgent care clinic during peaks of 2021-22 and avoided it (only to get it at the Natty celebration).

I honestly do consider myself lucky. The only time I was really worried about it was post Clemson game on that trolley with 5k folks packed in like sardines. I was still riding the high of the win and the pregame ventogetgher so I survived it.

I do not enjoy being sick…at all. Especially having a fever. So my feelings go out for all who have and had any of the variants and especially to those who have lost loved ones to it.

Last edited:
I turned 65 in May, have not had Covid. Been retired a few years so kept the social interaction down and stayed home a lot. Only wore a mask where it was required. Been vaccinated 3 times. No real change in diet, no vitamin stuff. Guess I have just been lucky. My wife hasn't had it either. She is 64.

Didn't have it until Monday. Wife and I both got it. We're both vaccinated and I have to say I wouldn't wish this sh*&t on anyone. Worst and longest lasting (24hrs) headache I've ever had with a high fever. Can't imagine how bad it would have been if we weren't vaccinated.

Never had it. Worked out took the D-3, Zinc, Mag and other things such as ashwaganda.

Never wore a mask unless it was absolutely manadated.

Have two shots and a booster. Did nothing but wear a mask when out and around folks. Everyone else was wearing one as well, which is what they say is most important. Have ridden buses and subways crowded when it was raging and spreading worse than just about anywhere else. All of my friends got it. I never did. Still possible to get it though, so probably will at some point.

I've never fallen victim to Covid. My birth certificate says I am 55, but I self-identify as 67 for social security benefits purposes. I am a non-vaxxer, although I did elect to take the booster shots - one Moderna and one Pfizer for good measure. Rather than taking pills, I prefer to get my essential vitamins and minerals through a diet of processed foods high in fat and sugar content. I do, however, take supplements of St. John's wort and ginkgo biloba every other day. I also bath daily (during the summer months, every other day during the rest of the year) in epsom salts with tea tree extract.

At this point, as a result of the routine outlined above, I feel my body is pretty much an impenetrable fortress when it comes to viruses. I could not convince my wife to employ this regimen and she got nailed by the virus shortly after finishing VBS last year. I did not quarantine and continued to spoon with her each night as a show of my invincibility and loving devotion. Thankfully, she recovered and no longer questions me when it comes to such matters.

Feel free to inbox me if you have specific questions about the above that you would prefer to keep offline. I generally respond within 12 hours.
Golden my friend, that was awesome! Nailed it!

If you could market it……

All 4 of us had it in January. Kids extremely mild, wife had mild symptoms, I coughed about 1 an hour for 12 - 18 hours and had a slight headache, very very mild like less than allergies.

Wife was first telemed provider for large corporate health services company in GA 2+ years ago and has been treating Covid patients almost exclusively all day, every day via telemedicine for last 2 months.

Basically its, "Hey I'm (insert age under 50) and have no health concerns and a mild cough and take no other meds I need PhizerMiracleCovidPill".

Wife says, "Well, you're not technically a candidate for this medicine and it could cause these side effects along with possible rebound in 8 - 10 days and it's being used under an EUA. Do you understand that and would you still like for me to prescribe it?"

50% say yes, and 50% say no. Then she charges them $175 and expresses deep concern to me that people are willingly taking an relatively dirty, unknown drug with very mild symptoms.

Also, if it makes any of you feel better, they do call backs with all patients at 5 days post visit. She hasn't spoken with anyone that has been hospitalized for any length of time, even with very unhealthy patients. That has totally not been the case for the preceding 2 years or even in December/January when she was seeing a lot of people who were in their 20's with O2 levels in the low 90s and 102+ temps.

Haven't had it. I took one Moderna vaccine shot and never took any more. I have been on C, D3, magnesium, zinc, krill oil. I have a 50 year workout history age adjusted = 100 crunches and 100 pushups plus bands and curls. Walking every day at least 1 1/2 miles in this flarda heat. Don't wear a mask unless it is required, like VA.
I have Ivermectin but have not taken any.

Reactions: savedbygrace

Povidone iodine Nasal spray anytime you feel compromised. I've had a hard time getting it, but in rough times (I feel I was around multi-vaxxed people) and didn't have povidine iodine, I 100% snorted Listerine and swabbed my nose with it.

I just hope most of you only got 1 shot, then stopped. If you've had 4 or more, pretty sure you've got AIDS. You'll get monkeypox, cancers, etc. at some point. Sad, I know. You were lied to from our government and not aware our government has been lying to us for 200 years. That's on you for not paying attention.

Povidone iodine Nasal spray anytime you feel compromised. I've had a hard time getting it, but in rough times (I feel I was around multi-vaxxed people) and didn't have povidine iodine, I 100% snorted Listerine and swabbed my nose with it.

I just hope most of you only got 1 shot, then stopped. If you've had 4 or more, pretty sure you've got AIDS. You'll get monkeypox, cancers, etc. at some point. Sad, I know. You were lied to from our government and not aware our government has been lying to us for 200 years. That's on you for not paying attention.
Because I’ve been boostered I now have aids?

What in the actual fvck

Never tested positive. Only time thought I might, tested positive for flu. Not done much different except use more hand sanitizer. Been on flights, hotels, big events. Did wear a mask a good bit, being in Decatur I had to.

Because I’ve been boostered I now have aids?

What in the actual fvck
Yes, please keep up.

• Haha
Reactions: kckd
My wife has had it 3 times. Our kids have not and I have not. No vacs for anyone. Thr times that she has had it we still slept in the same bed, I still got nothing. I'm 46, take a motrin and sinus pill daily but nothing else. I will say that I'm also not allergic to poison Ivy, Oak or anything else like that.....not allergic to anything really other than crappy sinuses. Never had a flue shot. Haven't had the flue since I was a kid. Either I'm lucky or just have a weird natural defense against this stuff.
Couldn’t penetrate your sinuses

Dude. Clorox. Goes easier if you mix a little in a hot toddy before bed.

If you read much over here, your post isn't really that outlandish. Totally understand why someone took it as real.

Vitamin D, Zinc and Magnesium daily since the pandemic started. My Dad passed away from Covid so I’ve been cautious. Vaxxed and boosted. My husband got it and we were somewhat careful in our house. If I did get it, I had no symptoms. Feeling super grateful for not going through what my Dad did.

Reactions: Dawg 4:13
Yes, please keep up.

Are you being serious? Not attacking you, I'm genuinely wondering if you are trolling or not.

I haven’t had it and FJB.

Don't believe I have had it. Well, check that my family thinks we all had it in December of 19...Vividly remember one day thinking, "weird, I can't smell anything". DIL was sick with fever (diagnosed not the flu) and we were all around her for days. I had a vertical nerve fracture at the time so IDGAF about anything except that at the time but I digress..Since then, I have literally been blessed with complete health. Had the sniffles for 2 days in March the weekend after spending time with friends one of which had it but didn't know it.. No shots, never tested once. Take Vit D, zinc elderberry, eat extremely clean (blessed to be able to afford high quality beef and chicken. Grow as much as I can organically. Workout hard 4-5 times a week. Sleep 8 hours every night.

Last edited:
Reactions: savedbygrace
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT