ADVERTISEMENT

How many of your Pastors talk about culture?

OriginalGatorHator

Them Dawgs Is Hell
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2015
Or encourage voting for Godly candidates or at least voting against democrats.

Just curious.

I love my pastor. He is smart and theologically strong. But I’ve never once heard him use the pulpit to talk about sexual degeneracy or child sacrifice or how Christians have a duty to vote against these policies.

I think this is a large issue in the Church, for example I wonder how many Ohio pastors told their congregation to vote against abortion?

The church has sat around and done nothing to wage war (by wage war I mean be spiritual warriors) against the takeover of every institution in the Country.

Is this a problem in your Church? Do you even see it as a problem?

Side note: Do you think it’s time the Church in America stop focusing on sending missionaries abroad and start sending them forth here at home?

Or encourage voting for Godly candidates or at least voting against democrats.

Just curious.

I love my pastor. He is smart and theologically strong. But I’ve never once heard him use the pulpit to talk about sexual degeneracy or child sacrifice or how Christians have a duty to vote against these policies.

I think this is a large issue in the Church, for example I wonder how many Ohio pastors told their congregation to vote against abortion?

The church has sat around and done nothing to wage war (by wage war I mean be spiritual warriors) against the takeover of every institution in the Country.

Is this a problem in your Church? Do you even see it as a problem?

Side note: Do you think it’s time the Church in America stop focusing on sending missionaries abroad and start sending them forth here at home?
Why should a Church focus on anything but Christ and salvation by His Grace?

A pastor should preach what God says about sin rather than attempting to tell God what He meant so we can have our way.

I have never had a preacher tell me how to vote. Only tell me what Christ said, did and does. Nothing else really matters.

Why should a Church focus on anything but Christ and salvation by His Grace?

A pastor should preach what God says about sin rather than attempting to tell God what He meant so we can have our way.

I have never had a preacher tell me how to vote. Only tell me what Christ said, did and does. Nothing else really matters.
Thanks for the response!

Short answer:

1. The Bible is sufficient for all things--The Church up until about 1920 believed the Bible was applicable in everythings, government, educations, science, philisophy, etc you name it. And they are correct.

2. Voting for the left is a sin -- to elaborate, if a large number of your church was practicing sodomy, don't you think your pastor would have a duty to explain why sodomy is a sin and confront the open and habitual sinners?

3. We are called to be spiritual warriors -- which in part means creating and promoting a culture that glorifies God -- and waging war against practices that mock and dishonor God -- Christ defeated the strong man but its up to us to defeat the others left in the house (Joshua to David is a good example here)

My long answer involves how the modern church idea of grace being the ONLY subject to preach is incompatible with every Church thinker from 70 ad- 1920 ad. I can elaborate more about the obligations of Christians if you would like, but I would be curious to hear your answer to the following questions:

Freedom of religion -- good or bad thing? and why?

If tomorrow I was put in charge of the government and I said from now on every law and policy of the US is going to be based on scripture -- good or bad thing?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT