ADVERTISEMENT

So, in the course of separation of church and state…..

PotimusWillie

B2B Caffeinated Nat’l Champion
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2009
Fani Willis spoke to the congregation at Bethal AME about how she justified hiring special prosecutor Nathan Wade…….

Having been in that Church and seeing political ads on the walls and promotion of vote harvesting to set the vote ( as some pamphlets stated), how does a Fani Willis get the pulpit?

Bethal AME is corrupt, period. The pastor leads political direction. Same with Warnock.

Funny how the liberal voice ignores tax laws when the result suits the desired results.

Would like to hear the justification.

I have never in my life, heard a preacher, in any church I have attended, express opinion on candidates or have a legal or political character take the pulpit to justify behavior.

The point of the Church is our relationship with Christ and salvation. Why do we allow these “churches” to politicize?

Hit me.

Last edited:
You know the answer to this OP.
Yep, I do. Are the liberal progressive stop Trump at all costs willing to admit it though?

And why does the IRS turn a blind eye?

And yes, I know the answer.

Justification of illegalities to meet a desired conclusion doesn’t justify the conclusion. We apply special rules for groups to assure political support from those groups.

Period.

Potimus, I completely agree that churches should stay out of the political arena.

However, churches being politicized is not just limited to the left, there have been many evangelical churches that have openly supported candidates on the right.

Fani Willis spoke to the congregation at Bethal AME about how she justified hiring special prosecutor Nathan Wade…….

Having been in that Church and seeing political ads on the walls and promotion of vote harvesting to set the vote ( as some pamphlets stated), how does a Fani Willis get the pulpit?

Bethal AME is corrupt, period. The pastor leads political direction. Same with Warnock.

Funny how the liberal voice ignores tax laws when the result suits the desired results.

I have never in my life, heard a preacher, in any church I have attended, express opinion on candidates or have a legal or political character take the pulpit to justify behavior.

The point of the Church is our relationship with Christ and salvation. Why do we allow these “churches” to politicize?

Hit me.
These black political churches should not have tax breaks or be allowed to have tax exemptions in any way.

unpopular opinion but the issue is not black churches being political, not going to dive into the theological issues prominent in the black church, but its white churches (meaning churches filled with conservative Christians) not being political.

Imagine how much better our country would be if pastors called out members of their congregation who voted for the ability to murder children. You don't see it, atleast at my church. But prominent voices like Andy Stanley, Tim Keller, and Russell Moore rush to criticize Christians who they perceive as being to far right.

Christianity is not merely sufficient for salvation but for all aspects of life, including and especially the duty of the magistrate in wielding the power of the sword. Christians have a duty to take the magistrate to task for not wielding this power in accordance with scripture.

The Church in America sat back and watched as every institution of American life became overrun by secularist who despise Christians. We are living with the results.

Potimus, I completely agree that churches should stay out of the political arena.

However, churches being politicized is not just limited to the left, there have been many evangelical churches that have openly supported candidates on the right.
Don’t deny that. Bethal is all the time, like Springfield in Conyers.

I was saying in all my years in Church, I have never experienced it. It’s not the pastors place.

It’s why I had such a problem with Warnock. Politics from the pulpit reek of fascist dictatorships which we all know are bad.

In regards to supporting a Christian candidate, that is different than using the pulpit at church to justify hiring a love interest and pay him $625,000. Why is that remotely acceptable from the pulpit unless you are attempting to sway political opinion.

Church should be involved in the salvation of the lost, not political agenda, color of skin, government assistance programs, or equity legalities. None of that is scriptural.

Hit me.
The Bible speaks of a wide and narrow road, also speaks about false teachers. Remember we are in a battle between light & darkness, good & evil. They will as all of us will have to answer for actions.

unpopular opinion but the issue is not black churches being political, not going to dive into the theological issues prominent in the black church, but its white churches (meaning churches filled with conservative Christians) not being political.

Imagine how much better our country would be if pastors called out members of their congregation who voted for the ability to murder children. You don't see it, atleast at my church. But prominent voices like Andy Stanley, Tim Keller, and Russell Moore rush to criticize Christians who they perceive as being to far right.

Christianity is not merely sufficient for salvation but for all aspects of life, including and especially the duty of the magistrate in wielding the power of the sword. Christians have a duty to take the magistrate to task for not wielding this power in accordance with scripture.

The Church in America sat back and watched as every institution of American life became overrun by secularist who despise Christians. We are living with the results.
Andy Stanley………

Our society has successfully done two things

1) Silenced evangelical Christianity in regards to commenting on right/wrong
2) Given permission to and promoted “leaders” to speak for minorities regarding political issues

A pastor, Church, should have the right to show clearly what each candidate believes and promotes, in the course of relationship with God and scriptural acceptance.

A pastor, Church, should not promote political affiliation based on political power for financial gain, or when the political machine promoted directly conflicts with God’s Word.

Andy Stanley………

Our society has successfully done two things

1) Silenced evangelical Christianity in regards to commenting on right/wrong
2) Given permission to and promoted “leaders” to speak for minorities regarding political issues

A pastor, Church, should have the right to show clearly what each candidate believes and promotes, in the course of relationship with God and scriptural acceptance.

A pastor, Church, should not promote political affiliation based on political power for financial gain, or when the political machine promoted directly conflicts with God’s Word.
Funny his father was a co-founder of the Moral Majority.

And his Father is rolling in his grave. His Father was a Christian who didn’t bastardize the Bible to build a mega church.
I have to agree that he didn't bastardize the Bible. He was certainly a litaralist. But was focused on building a mega church. FBC Atlanta became FBC Doraville. Also helped bring politics into the church.

And his Father is rolling in his grave. His Father was a Christian who didn’t bastardize the Bible to build a mega church.
I frankly find it hard to think of someone who has done more harm to the Church than Andy Stanley in America. I would say Joel Osteen but no one actually takes his "theology" seriously. Stanley gets to ride his father's name.

Tim Keller has done serious damage to the PCA but we are a relatively small denomination.

Reactions: PotimusWillie
I have to agree that he didn't bastardize the Bible. He was certainly a litaralist. But was focused on building a mega church. FBC Atlanta became FBC Doraville. Also helped bring politics into the church.
I don’t have a strong opinion on Charles. A mega Church can happen without the point being to create a mega Church.

Andy seems focused solely on creating a dynasty. When you discount Christ and the Word of God in the process of going mega, it’s dangerous.

I personally am against tax breaks for churches unless it relates to a charitable mission. It doesn’t matter if they’re political.

Don’t deny that. Bethal is all the time, like Springfield in Conyers.

I was saying in all my years in Church, I have never experienced it. It’s not the pastors place.

It’s why I had such a problem with Warnock. Politics from the pulpit reek of fascist dictatorships which we all know are bad.

In regards to supporting a Christian candidate, that is different than using the pulpit at church to justify hiring a love interest and pay him $625,000. Why is that remotely acceptable from the pulpit unless you are attempting to sway political opinion.

Church should be involved in the salvation of the lost, not political agenda, color of skin, government assistance programs, or equity legalities. None of that is scriptural.
You know Miss Fanni can’t keep her Fanny out of places she shouldn’t be, she is above everything because she is MISS FANNI

Moral Majority, not Christian majority.
These has never been an organization that brought together politics and the church more prominently than the Moral Majority

Reactions: Chopdawg75
There is a difference between a pastor with political views, and a pastor using the pulpit to further those views.

I don't think some understand the difference.

My ministry isn't compromised because I have political opinions. In 24 years of ministry, I've never used my position to endorse a candidate or party.

Publicly, I tell people to pray and vote.
Privately I certainly have my opinion.

Hit me.
been this way long long time. It’s part of their religious culture. Religion and Politics are a Sunday ritual. It’s not changing.

Reactions: PotimusWillie
There is a difference between a pastor with political views, and a pastor using the pulpit to further those views.

I don't think some understand the difference.

My ministry isn't compromised because I have political opinions. In 24 years of ministry, I've never used my position to endorse a candidate or party.

Publicly, I tell people to pray and vote.
Privately I certainly have my opinion.
As a pastor, have you ever invited a prosecutor to the pulpit to defend a sexual liaison with a married man for the purpose of stating a defense of racism to prove political bias?

No, because, in the beginning, God never allowed politics within His Church and places of worship. Man has done that for personal worldly gain.

1) The Church, by Biblical definition, is a place to worship God, be taught scripture, and salvation through a personal relationship with Christ. It was established to provide a community of believers to learn and support our walk daily with Christ. That is it.
2) Christ, through personal teachings, told us to provide for the widows and orphans out of our personal bounty.
3) Our government, understanding the importance of God, religious freedom, and to show honor to the Creator, created a separation of governmental control so that the state could not leverage the worship of God. The government was not allowed to place tariffs on Christians so they could worship.

This was a courtesy for the purpose of worshipping God. Tax exemptions are and should be specific to the duty. To create a Church or new religion to gain access to tax exemption is criminal.

Once a Church, any Church, speaks of political gain and justification of evil by placing purely political interests in the pulpit, the Church should be in court to defend and describe their actions. Period!

In what ways?
I don’t know, abortion, gay rights, prayer in school, family values to name a few tent poles for you. Everything you and the rest of the Christian conservatives espouse here on this board is because of the Moral Majority.

Hell, in the late 1960s evangelical scholars, pastors and physicians couldn’t even agree if an abortion was sinful. That all changed with Falwell in the late 70s and 80s. Almost everything the Christian right believes now was developed by the Moral Majority.

I don’t know, abortion, gay rights, prayer in school, family values to name a few tent poles for you. Everything you and the rest of the Christian conservatives espouse here on this board is because of the Moral Majority.

Hell, in the late 1960s evangelical scholars, pastors and physicians couldn’t even agree if an abortion was sinful. That all changed with Falwell in the late 70s and 80s. Almost everything the Christian right believes now was developed by the Moral Majority.
Abortion

By scriptural definition, murder of conceived life

Gay Rights

By scriptural definition, an abomination of natural relations as described by Gods creation of man and woman and how the sanctity of marriage is an example of the relation between Christ and His Church.

Prayer in schools

By scriptural definition, we, as God’s creation, are called to pray and worship. Never understood the issue on prayer. It is an individual decision. Much of our system, education and political, was based on and has strong connections with scriptural lessons.

Family Values

By scriptural definition, leadership and submissive relations to that leadership was instilled in the family as in every aspect of public life from government, business, clubs, schools, etc. Redefinition of meanings of scripture conflict with the Bible. This isn’t a “moral majority” issue, it is a conflict against the very established Word of God.

Man in his infinite wisdom will always find ways to bypass authority and responsibility. Man has moved from God’s wisdom and authority sense the creation of man.

Sin, missing the target, is the absence of God. A shift back to scripture, which was in response to liberal interpretations that were removing God’s Word from our daily life, was politically named “The moral majority” to create an us versus them conflict. A movement back to God was publicized as a group that only desired to control and dictate rules.

It only appeared when leaders were brave enough to say what they saw as truth scripturally.

God’s Word, for a Christian, cannot be bastardized to appease. We are only called to follow scripture and understand its meaning, reasoning, and ramifications.

Let’s discuss.

Abortion

By scriptural definition, murder of conceived life

Gay Rights

By scriptural definition, an abomination of natural relations as described by Gods creation of man and woman and how the sanctity of marriage is an example of the relation between Christ and His Church.

Prayer in schools

By scriptural definition, we, as God’s creation, are called to pray and worship. Never understood the issue on prayer. It is an individual decision. Much of our system, education and political, was based on and has strong connections with scriptural lessons.

Family Values

By scriptural definition, leadership and submissive relations to that leadership was instilled in the family as in every aspect of public life from government, business, clubs, schools, etc. Redefinition of meanings of scripture conflict with the Bible. This isn’t a “moral majority” issue, it is a conflict against the very established Word of God.

Man in his infinite wisdom will always find ways to bypass authority and responsibility. Man has moved from God’s wisdom and authority sense the creation of man.

Sin, missing the target, is the absence of God. A shift back to scripture, which was in response to liberal interpretations that were removing God’s Word from our daily life, was politically named “The moral majority” to create an us versus them conflict. A movement back to God was publicized as a group that only desired to control and dictate rules.

It only appeared when leaders were brave enough to say what they saw as truth scripturally.

God’s Word, for a Christian, cannot be bastardized to appease. We are only called to follow scripture and understand its meaning, reasoning, and ramifications.

Let’s discuss.
I’m not a Christian, so literally don’t care or feel like discussing

I’m not a Christian, so literally don’t care or feel like discussing
Then why did you bring up Christian ideals as an issue?

You brought it up. Your belief isn’t the definitive answer.

Discounting something because you don’t agree or believe is not a legal defense.

I am not asking you to be a Christian, just explaining why a Christian makes a stance.

Reactions: woofn
Because the constitution's establishment clause (second part) prohibits limiting the free exercise of religion.

That would include a church of Trump, dedicated to his worship and organized solely for the purpose of his continual reelection

the real crime imho is that churches are tax exempt. but I don't see that changing so the question is moot

Because the constitution's establishment clause (second part) prohibits limiting the free exercise of religion.

That would include a church of Trump, dedicated to his worship and organized solely for the purpose of his continual reelection

the real crime imho is that churches are tax exempt. but I don't see that changing so the question is moot
The tax exempt status was for Churches serving the creator. The God who granted our inalienable rights.

As my original post referenced, the big AME Bethal church in Lithonia has lawyers speaking on political issues from the pulpit during services. So is this the “church of the liberal black voter”?

So where is this church of trump you speak of. You scream ideology, I provided an example.

Liberal ideology ignores evidence of truth because it is inconvenience.

Then why did you bring up Christian ideals as an issue?

You brought it up. Your belief isn’t the definitive answer.

Discounting something because you don’t agree or believe is not a legal defense.

I am not asking you to be a Christian, just explaining why a Christian makes a stance.
As my original post referenced, the big AME Bethal church in Lithonia has lawyers speaking on political issues from the pulpit during services.
My point with the Moral Majority is that it is a bit hypocritical to besiege the AME Bethel Church for having someone preach politics from the pulpit when the entire current conservative/Republican platform was conceived by Evangelical preachers.

Reactions: nice marmot
My point with the Moral Majority is that it is a bit hypocritical to besiege the AME Bethel Church for having someone preach politics from the pulpit when the entire current conservative/Republican platform was conceived by Evangelical preachers.

bah,

do butter,
asshsat

a try is always accepted by the rabble.
lil pug will whip your ass at any mythology, anthology
cosmology, religion or superstition!

Last edited:
But where are they preaching politics from the pulpit? Pastors have public opinions when asked and speak against sin against God. Or should.

But where are they preaching politics from the pulpit? Pastors have public opinions when asked and speak against sin against God. Or should.
Oh, I see, you think preaching politics to an audience of 2k people in person is worse than doing it on TV and raising millions of dollars for said cause over the course of two decades. I can see how that could be confusing and you'd think that.

Reading between the lines of some of these political” sermons” there appears to be a subtle whitey is bad undertone. That justifies everything.
Nothing "subtle" about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT