ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg How many people do you actually know that have or had Covid?...

FivePtsDawg

El Guapo
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2001
Dunwoody
I have one good friend who had it, though he was never tested but was diagnosed by an ER physician we're both friends with who was 100% certain he had it. He recovered after a nasty bout with it quarantined away from his family at home.

Two people in my office that work on a different floor than me that I don't know personally apparently had it (tested positive) near the start of the outbreak.

An older guy that works at the country club in Athens that I have known most of my life had it & was in bad shape but has recovered, thankfully.

The mom of one of my daughter's friends at school had it but was asymptomatic (not sure why she was even tested).

A fellow Venter I'm friends with is pretty sure he & his wife had it in late February/early March but they never got tested.

But that's it. So one person I interact with & see regularly. ONE. Can't tell if I'm the exception or the rule, but I feel like most people I talk to about this are in the same boat. But you would think with the way this has been presented & talked about & the actions that have been taken that we would all know dozens of people that have it or had it, kind of like we do with the regular flu every year. I feel like that's one of the reasons why people are so confused & frustrated & antsy about getting back to normal life sooner rather than later- they see virtually no effects of this in anyone they know or in their day-to-day life. Obviously there are exceptions in terms of individuals and in hotspots like the NYC area, or Detroit, or Albany, but for most of the country & most of its citizens, I feel like it's something we're watching play out on the news rather than in real life.

Reactions: doug518
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News