ADVERTISEMENT

I am dusting off my pedestal and hopping up on it, regarding SEC allegiance and “Florida’s loss makes us look weaker”…

Toddparm

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2009
I am from the school of “Georgia just needs to win the games on their schedule and let them sort it out in the playoffs to see who is standing at the end of it all”

Georgia can’t help if UF is trash (that just has a nice ring to it), or if Auburn is down, as well as having Oklahoma taken off the schedule to be replaced by Ball St, and that our in-state rival is laughable (that was fun too). The Dawgs can control a bunch of things such as the game on the field, recruiting, facilities, marketing etc., but not how their opponent performs or manages themselves.

When I see Ohio St, Michigan, USC, TCU etc., have success or make the playoffs, personally, I could care what conference they play in, I just see that they won the games they needed to and I pray like heck that UGA beats them so we can all celebrate.

Florida’s loss to Utah will not hold back Georgia from getting into the playoffs and going for our 3-peat. A down SEC (though LSU, Bama, Tennessee, Kentucky, possibly TA&M and our boys are just as strong as any other conference) won’t matter come playoffs, if our Dawgs run through the regular schedule unscathed and we can’t beat the other three playoff teams, that will be on Georgia, not our conference.

One more subject worth mentioning. Some in the media still are hoisting up Bama, like the movie “Weekend at Bernie’s”, but the real college football fan knows what team is at the top of the mountain right now. As I wear my UGA gear around Vegas, and recently in the sports books, I am approached with, “Go Dawgs, you are going to win it again!”, or “Georgia is doing it at a whole different level than everyone else!”. These are not Dawg fans either, these are fans of other teams or of the game. Where I live and what I am experiencing, there is no “Georgia Hangover”, like there was with Bama, USC or even Clemson. I attribute that to a like-able coach, great mascot, great fanbase, players that you can root for and we are not Bama! The college football world notices a program that does it right, so let’s focus on the success and keep supporting what Kirby and UGA are doing. This is fun and special!

Okay, I will jump down, put this box away and try to fall asleep early tonight so tomorrow comes quicker! I am ready to go for it all again and I’m excited to fly out to Athens in November to experience the Ole Miss game. Go Dawgs!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News